The DPP goes turquoise

An interesting development in the Hsieh campaign, visually speaking: they seem to have abandoned the traditional DPP green hue and gone almost blue with an aquamarine/turquoise color that not only distances them from the “old” DPP, a “fresh start”, also closer to the KMT’s blue but still different, and also visually nostalgic as the hue was often used for painting indoors in the 60s and 70s. Very smart choice, I think.

turquoise?

is this topick up on those disenchanted light blue voters out there?

if it is, it’s a bit like a common (not endorsed) sales approach to women buying new cars: “You can have that in the sky blue, too… that’s a lovely colour for a car.”

Yeah, I guess it is even bluer than aquamarine, you’re right, more of a turquoise, practically blue. I’ll change the title.

nice pic too. Gotta love the shower caps…

I did not really appreciate that Hsieh is that much shorter than Soong, and Soong is hardly first pick for the school basketball team. not that it matters.

[quote=“urodacus”]nice pic too. Gotta love the shower caps…

I did not really appreciate that Hsieh is that much shorter than Soong, and Soong is hardly first pick for the school basketball team. not that it matters.[/quote]

Soong? You mean old “Lightbulb” Su?

um, my bad. Yup.

Interesting observation. I was discussing with some Taiwanese people yesterday about how to say lan-lv (藍綠). I could only think of aqua. Yahoo Taiwan dictionary translates turquoise as 藍綠色 – literally green-blue.

Team teal?

Nothing new with these colors. The DPP has been using this combination on some of the ministry websites now for some time.

I hadn’t been keeping up with all of the ministry websites, so I hadn’t noticed. They seemed to be pretty multicolored last time I checked. This is just the first time I noticed it being used as the “campaign color”.

Maybe they’re trying to distance themselves from the color green-after all, everything awful comes in green, like green cards…

HAHA good one !!