The dystopia that is China

Shanghai has some sick modern artists

An interesting documentary on how China’s facial recognition technology:

Roller coaster is the best description I’ve heard. So many beautiful places, so many polluted places. Some of the best food I’ve ate, food that made me sick for days. Amazing friendly people and your stereotypical CCP lover.

Clubbing is so much fun in China. They party a lot harder than Taiwanese for sure. There are so many. The negative is all the alcohol is fake.

3 Likes

Don’t go and don’t get tracked. Keep off their data bases. When they can afford it everyone will be chipped and it will be a cashless society. Although with facial recognition chipping is almost not needed and it’s fast moving to cashless. Keep your gold people.

Late communism in China:

(Yes, I’m reading between the lines here. They’re framing it as a first world problem, but it’s rather peculiar for them to make such a fuss.)

This happened in the Soviet Union. Dig up Reagan’s playbook to win Cold War II. NO HUMANITARIAN AID until they’re on the verge of collapse. Let them hit bottom.

1 Like

Oh sh*t…what happened last time China ran out of food? famine and China in the same sentenxe rarely turn out well.

But yes, their shiny glass buildings sure are purdy.

The last time that happened, the US was politically weak. A great opportunity missed.

1 Like

True, but China didnt have all that purdy sky scraper glass the world is so infatuated with.

Interesting times when even lefties are coming around to the idea we might need a useful idiot like trump to prevent the next Hitler.

We shall see how the human species reacts to current events. Will shiny glass and cheap plastic win over human rights and sustainable futures? Probably, but if history and psychology teaches us anything, it is many people must be murdered before we accept common sense sollutions. Lord justify us, let it be some other group than mine that suffers my consequences.

I’m old enough to remember when they were telling us Bush was Hitler.

Rollo’s Law: Everybody is Hitler for fifteen minutes.

And sometimes the food does both. last year i had some stinky tofu there, best i ever had. It sent me straight to crapper for the most ass blasting shits ever.

2 Likes

Except that Reagan sold tons of wheat to the USSR while it was on the verge of collapse, in spite of the appeals of anti-communist hardliners. He judged that mid-west farmers support for Republicans was more important, and ended Jimmy Carter’s embargo on grain shipments to the Soviet Union.
He certainly advocated that other people make sacrifices, like his opposition to the Siberian gas pipeline to western Europe. His supporters, not so much.

Fair enough. Though bush dis t really commit genocide within his own borders. China has been Nazi like for millenia. They trump the US on that front without breaking a sweat.

1 Like

Somebody looking for extra points on their social credit rating?

Key word: sold.

Make `em pay.

Self-editing is all the rage now, huh?

Just money, no morals.

And why bother to learn Chinese ?

It’s China’s age old public shaming like during Cultural Revolution using computers
In USA, I know a Chinese guy who is 1st generation American and a middle manager. But he still does the public shaming to cause people to lose face.