The effectiveness or otherwise of wearing masks

More research

2 Likes

This is like telling Eskimos where to find the best ice machines :grin:.

Yep but someone over the other thread wanted numbers.

BTW long lines today, people buying last packages of masks without MD logo. Why? No idea.

Because Taiwanese loves themselves a good queue. It’s basically their go-to kink.

2 Likes

Maybe they found out they could be used as toilet paper ? :thinking:

And two more factories caught peddling Chinese masks as Made in Taiwan.

1 Like

An English language version of this story is here. One fraudster this time was in Dali District in Taichung; another noncertified factory was in Kaohsiung.

Guy

3 Likes
1 Like

What’s the current count up to? It seems like 5 or so of the manufacturers have been caught doing this now.

I thought I read somewhere that there were only about 15 manufacturers on the National Face Mask Relabeling Team or whatever it’s called. It’s surprising that there wasn’t/isn’t more oversight.

1 Like

Yes more oversight would be appreciated. These guys typically get busted when an insider is disgusted or angry at that’s happening, and then contacts the authorities…

Guy

2 Likes

Well.the oversight is working…Slowly.

Unfortunately it started with complaints from pharmacies. They received the brunt of having to deal with the public.

Currently though people feel quite relaxed and more concerned about getting the fashionable colors than where the masks come from…

Me? I am fiercely patriotic.

2 Likes

Fucj yeah although I prefer a big Taiwan No I on the front .

Me too. No big fan of ROC flag but until we have our own, it’ll do.

Other options for October:

2 Likes

Looking at the controversy over bogus masks, Brian Hioe finds a pattern: “Taiwanese companies try[ing] to cut corners on their products as a means of reducing costs.”

In his latest post at New Bloom, he takes a deep dive to explain the many ways we’ve seen this before:

Guy

2 Likes

But more research on how masks and airborne particles work.

2 Likes

Good article. Worth reading it!

2 Likes

And the local media all abuzz about Taiwan masks sightings, this time, on the face of no other than Huawei’s Meng Wangzhou…on her way to trial.

1 Like

Can you summarize it?
I don’t have half an hour to listen to a video with such a bad audio quality!