The Ekselent Thread About Ekselence Ice Cream

Stick is the best part…

Lots of fibre.

3 Likes

Throw it in a bowl or cup and eat with spoon.

1 Like

The parent company lists their icecream R&D centre pretty prominently on their website. I wonder if they do tours …

2 Likes

Are we doing this? Forumosa tour of the Ekselence factory?

5 Likes

you-sir-have-good-taste

4 Likes

On Thursday, a massive late Soviet-era monument in Latvia was finally taken down, as widely reported, including here:

Here in Taiwan, what better way to celebrate than by tracking down and enjoying some of the remaining Ekselence Ice Cream on a hot summer day?

Viva Latvia! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

$100 for 2 at PX. Finally cracking one open!

It’s like a frozen Milky Way.

Past 11:00 pm?

You’ll be up late tonight. :grin:

Guy

My schedule’s still all weird. Goes with the territory of being a freelancer!

1 Like

:rotating_light: New in stock!!! :rotating_light:

FamilyMart

What a nice find after a lunch break ride on YouBike. :yum:

7 Likes

And in Family Mart! That’s new, right? Weren’t these only in 7-11 or PXMart before?

4 Likes

And $69!

RIP my waistline.

Way better than buy one get one free. Cashiers had too much difficulty processing that I don’t want nor need a second ice cream that will melt in 10 minutes.

3 Likes

I can confirm those bars are also in Taipei City’s Family Marts.

I have mixed feelings about this situation. These things are good, actually too good for my own good . . . :grimacing:

Guy

4 Likes

Oh no… my university campus has Family Mart, not 7-11… and a discount (but no booze).

I did not need to think of that.

1 Like

Ah. @lostinasia is going for the Superdry January speedrun any%

No booze, no ice cream.

Well, I’m fortunate in that I have no problem with booze around the apartment. I can easily leave it untouched for weeks.

Ice cream? No matter how much I buy, thinking “Sure, I’ll save money and ration it out”? That’s gonna be gone within 48 hours at most.

3 Likes

Yea, kinda like buying a huge bottle of whiskey thinking you will save money and ration it out, but you end up drinking the entire bottle inside of 48 hours…

For some people that is absolutely a sad and difficult problem. Fortunately not for me, at least for booze.

I hope that’s not coming across as smug - I think a lot of it is luck of the genetic draw.

At some point unless a control mechanism is used, saving on alcohol will not really work, you’ll just drink more to make up for the savings you had on them. It’s kinda like reloading. You reload because you want to save money on ammo, but in reality you just end up shooting a lot more and in the end don’t actually save money, instead you spend far more.