The End is Nigh!

Not really. What are the signs?

[quote]· Are we really living in the Last Days of life, as we know it, on Planet Earth?

· Is the current economic meltdown setting the stage for a new global currency?

· Is there a secret elite at work behind the scenes to usher in a new world order?

· How is this linked to the much-anticipated return of Jesus Christ to the earth?[/quote]
‘Are We Living in the Last Days?’ GOD TV Asks
The common expression whenever something unlikely or strange happens is, “This is one of the signs of the apocolypse.”
Does anybody know what the signs are, or if there really are any?
I’ve heard world government, world currency, colorful currency, rebuilding the temple, …

I’ve always said that O was the anti-Christ. Or at least going to herald him/her in …

I thought that he was the messiah. Or is that the same thing?

No. :whistle:

I thought that he was the messiah. Or is that the same thing?[/quote]

It depends on where you worship

The Seven Seals:

[quote]The seven seals is a concept of Christian eschatology, which comes from the Book of Revelation in the Christian Bible, where a book with seven seals is described in Revelation 5:1. The seven seals are opened by The Lamb (presumably Jesus), one by one. Each opening of a seal is followed by some event or series of events.

When each of the first four seals are opened, a horse and its rider appear and are described. These are commonly referred to as the four horsemen / four horses of the Apocalypse.

The opening of the fifth seal is followed by a vision of those that were “slain for the word of God” (Revelation 6:9)

When the sixth seal is opened, there is a “great earthquake,” and signs appear in heaven. (Revelation 6:12-6:14) Also, 144,000 servants of God are “sealed … in their foreheads” in Revelation 7.

When the seventh seal seal is opened, seven angels with trumpets begin to sound, one by one. The events of the seventh seal are further subdivided by the events following each angel sounding their trumpet. This seal is opened in Revelation 8, and the seventh angel does not sound until Revelation 11

Bible scholars associate the seven seals with the seven Spirits of God, and other Bible ‘sevens’. The seals contain symbols commonly interpreted as death, famine, world wars, martyrdom, earthquakes, and the Antichrist. It also states that there will be “seven trumpets” announcing aspects of the “End Times”: mankind being judged, seas turning to blood, sores on people’s bodies, plagues, infertility, and the introduction of “seven bowls” (in King James Version called “vials”). These bowls are a third each of the sea, humankind, water, animal life, ships, crops, and earth, all engulfed by an infinite abyss.[/quote]
Lots of fodder for action movies!

Does it say anything about people’s faces falling off? Cos that would be cool.

I wouldn’t want to be “sealed in my forehead”.

The Seven Seals:

[quote]The seven seals is a concept of Christian eschatology, which comes from the Book of Revelation in the Christian Bible, where a book with seven seals is described in Revelation 5:1. The seven seals are opened by The Lamb (presumably Jesus), one by one. Each opening of a seal is followed by some event or series of events.

When each of the first four seals are opened, a horse and its rider appear and are described. These are commonly referred to as the four horsemen / four horses of the Apocalypse.

The opening of the fifth seal is followed by a vision of those that were “slain for the word of God” (Revelation 6:9)

When the sixth seal is opened, there is a “great earthquake,” and signs appear in heaven. (Revelation 6:12-6:14) Also, 144,000 servants of God are “sealed … in their foreheads” in Revelation 7.

When the seventh seal seal is opened, seven angels with trumpets begin to sound, one by one. The events of the seventh seal are further subdivided by the events following each angel sounding their trumpet. This seal is opened in Revelation 8, and the seventh angel does not sound until Revelation 11

Bible scholars associate the seven seals with the seven Spirits of God, and other Bible ‘sevens’. The seals contain symbols commonly interpreted as death, famine, world wars, martyrdom, earthquakes, and the Antichrist. It also states that there will be “seven trumpets” announcing aspects of the “End Times”: mankind being judged, seas turning to blood, sores on people’s bodies, plagues, infertility, and the introduction of “seven bowls” (in King James Version called “vials”). These bowls are a third each of the sea, humankind, water, animal life, ships, crops, and earth, all engulfed by an infinite abyss.[/quote]
Lots of fodder for action movies![/quote]
I keep hearing wildly divergent interpretations of Revelations.
I wonder if any of that is in those Left Behind movies?

Nama says O is the AntiChrist?? I would be cruxified or at least deep fried if I had said that.

THE LATE GREAT PLANET EARTH… thats a book you should grab and read. I read it eons ago. It could be we are at the End of Days. IT could be.

Edit: Or that he will herald the AntiChrist in? You are not speaking of Hilary are you?

The year 2000 came and went. Jesus didn’t show up.

If I remember correctly, none but God Himself knows the exact hour of the return of the Christ.

That’s a Futurist interpretation.

Unsurprising.

Plenty, they’re Futurist interpretations based on the books.

No, please don’t.

Since Lindsay though we were at the end of days ‘eons ago’, and we’re still here, that might tell you something about the accuracy of his exposition.

He wasn’t due.

You do remember correctly.

You do remember correctly.[/quote]

It’d be funny if he forgot then (God, not Tommy). It’s not like anyone could remind him.

You do remember correctly.[/quote]

It’d be funny if he forgot then (God, not Tommy). It’s not like anyone could remind him.[/quote]

That is actually kinda funny.

irishstu, are you sitting down? I’m going to tell you something very shocking.

‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ is not real. It was a a story, not a documentary.

But I thought IrishStu was Santa – I mean Jesus – I’ve been going around telling everybody to keep a potato tucked in their Y-fronts in case Jesus visits them.

Just don’t let him come down your chimney.

irishstu, are you sitting down? I’m going to tell you something very shocking.

‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ is not real. It was a a story, not a documentary.[/quote]
Besides, loss of face is an Asian concept.

Dr McCoy! You are aces.