The End of America: A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot

Start a thread to discuss this assertion.

Uhhh…Hilary! is running on the Demo Party ticket…:grin"[/quote]

Thats it TC, you continue your role as the GOP mouthpiece, and i was already aware that Hilary is a Democrat, some of us can see past our own party :unamused:

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Traveller”]I doubt it, it is more likely that common sense and reality is finally beginning to dawn on Fred. Perhaps Fred is just finally beginning to realise that the best candidate as President for running the US should be fully supported, even if they do not come from the political party that he generally relates to, a lesson one or two others could do with learning.[/quote]Start a thread to discuss this assertion.[quote]"…even if they do not come from the political party that he generally relates to…"[/quote]Uhhh…Hilary! is running on the Demo Party ticket…:grin"[/quote]Thats it TC, you continue your role as the GOP mouthpiece, and I was already aware that Hilary is a Democrat, some of us can see past our own party :unamused:[/quote]Traveller -
Weird logic there my friend.
If you truly think Hilary! is a good choice, then by all means start a thread asserting this and showing her qualifications and accomplishments for this candidacy.

Also, if I’m a ‘GOP mouthpiece’ I’ve done a lousy job…so far no ‘checks in the mail’ are coming my way…:smiley:

p.s. - Just for POI…I support Duncan Hunter… gohunter08.com/

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Traveller”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Traveller”]I doubt it, it is more likely that common sense and reality is finally beginning to dawn on Fred. Perhaps Fred is just finally beginning to realise that the best candidate as President for running the US should be fully supported, even if they do not come from the political party that he generally relates to, a lesson one or two others could do with learning.[/quote]Start a thread to discuss this assertion.[quote]"…even if they do not come from the political party that he generally relates to…"[/quote]Uhhh…Hilary! is running on the Demo Party ticket…:grin"[/quote]Thats it TC, you continue your role as the GOP mouthpiece, and I was already aware that Hilary is a Democrat, some of us can see past our own party :unamused:[/quote]Traveller -
If you truly think Hilary! is a good choice, then by all means start a thread asserting this and showing her qualifications and accomplishments for this candidacy.

Also, if I’m a ‘GOP mouthpiece’ I’ve done a lousy job…so far no ‘checks in the mail’ are coming my way…:smiley:

p.s. - Just for POI…I support Duncan Hunter…gohunter08.com/[/quote]

TC, where does it say i support Hilary, i was purely commenting on your disbelief that Fred was thinking of voting for her. I guess you prefer the Bush way of fabricating meaning rather than applying real meaning.

Aiyo! Poor old much aligned TC. Did you read up on that candidate he supports?

HG

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Traveller”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“Traveller”]I doubt it, it is more likely that common sense and reality is finally beginning to dawn on Fred. Perhaps Fred is just finally beginning to realise that the best candidate as President for running the US should be fully supported, even if they do not come from the political party that he generally relates to, a lesson one or two others could do with learning.[/quote]Start a thread to discuss this assertion.[quote]"…even if they do not come from the political party that he generally relates to…"[/quote]Uhhh…Hilary! is running on the Demo Party ticket…:grin"[/quote]Thats it TC, you continue your role as the GOP mouthpiece, and I was already aware that Hilary is a Democrat, some of us can see past our own party :unamused:[/quote]Traveller -

p.s. - Just for POI…I support Duncan Hunter…gohunter08.com/[/quote]TC, where does it say i support Hilary, I was purely commenting on your disbelief that Fred was thinking of voting for her. I guess you prefer the Bush way of fabricating meaning rather than applying real meaning.[/quote]Traveller -
You seem to be spoiling for an argument. Just more dis-connected reasoning on your part.
Good Luck to you.

Not at all, i have no need to spoil for an argument, just having to deal with the rabid pro-bush effluence that emanates from yourself. At least i can be sure that my reasoning is far less disjointed than yours.

[quote=“Traveller”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Traveller - You seem to be spoiling for an argument. Just more dis-connected reasoning on your part. Good Luck to you.[/quote]Not at all, I have no need to spoil for an argument, just having to deal with the rabid pro-bush effluence that emanates from yourself. At least i can be sure that my reasoning is far less disjointed than yours.[/quote]Traveller -

Just for you…apparently…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=66631

You might find some of my comments particularly relevant yo your jibes at your assumed opinion of my politics.

The two Naomi’s tell us the methods of the radical right. They tell us that the best defense is to be knowledgeable about them to lessen the shock. If you realize that the groundwork is being laid for a fascist state, then you can get active and vote against the culprits.

But to understand the psychosis behind the followers of leaders like Bush, you can read Conservatives Without Conscience by John Dean. He describes what is called the Authoritarian Conservative. These people are “antidemocratic, antiequality, highly prejudiced, mean-spirited, power hungry, Machiavellian, and amoral.” “They often engage in right-wing aggression not only out of political belief but also for the pure pleasure of it. They are malicious, mean-spirited, and disrespectful of even the basic codes of civility.” I could name a few people who fit that description. But I’d get banned if I did.

John Dean relies heavily on the research of Bob Altemeyer. Dr. Altemeyer has a book called The Authoritarians that he has made available for free at this place.

It’s not technical and it is very interesting.

If you you had to estimate, what percentage of the American population would you say these horrible sadistic monsters constitute, Bones?

Given the loss of both houses of Congress and the upcoming presidential election not being sidetracked due to some emergency, I will not be losing any sleep over the supposed fascist takeover of America. I would, however, love to send all these dim fuckwits off to a real fascist country to have them smacked about a bit. The tired tedium of their “thought” processes could do with a bit of abuse. Pity that their teachers did not attempt with greater effort to give them an education rather than building up their self-esteem. The former is clearly needed; the latter is entirely undeserved.

So if you know somebody who fits this description, (and no, Hobbes. I don’t know how many there are) to me it says that arguing with them does no good absolutely. I don’t read what they say usually. I don’t respond to them. It does no good. It’s like trolls. Ignore them. They are in the minority and that’s good.

Okay, Dr. Altemeyer estimates about 25%. But that’s just a guess based on how many people still supported Nixon during his lowest point. “horrible sadistic monsters” is not fair either. These people have no conscience and limited reasoning ability, but they are submissive. They desire authoritarian rule. They never broke away from their parents, so they are looking for someone to be their daddy.

I’m finally getting around to reading Dr. Altemeyer’s book (free online). Very interesting so far.

The greatest threat to America is not Iraq but rather the economy. Until individual Americans learn to value money and manage it accordingly we are rat fucked.

but…if the GOP had the sack to nominate Hilary, she’d beat Obama one-on-one nationwide.

it would be a simple sell…go back to the “good old days of clinton” vs. neophyte.

of course, the GOP would have to eat alot of dirt. after 8 years of bush they are quite adept at geophagy.

Interesting the Hunter is making China the next scapegoat and boogeyman.

China - the next militant Japan

China - the stealer of manufacturing jobs…

That said, his military record and free legal assistance to the Hispanic community speaks for itself.

1. interesting he talks about loss of jobs; his position is that women should not be in combat positions… denying them a job.
  2. he did go after corrupt purchasing programs in the military like a 22K fridge and 20USD ice cube tray.
  3. very pro-life that he would amend the Constitution for it.
  4. The NRA loves him; he supports 1-day waiting period.
  5. He would support tactical nukes against Iran if there is no way to prevent the centrifuges.

and on china and free trade:

[quote]“American workers are the most productive and innovative labor force in the world. Unfortunately, they are asked to compete in an unfair environment against other workers who make only a fraction of a living wage and are employed by companies that face few, if any, responsibilities to the environment or the long-term prospects of their employees. Our domestic manufacturers are forced to compete against foreign companies that benefit from their country’s currency and regulatory regimes. Ominously, China is cheating on trade and using billions of American trade dollars to build ships, planes and missiles at an alarming rate while, at the same time, taking millions of American jobs. I will reverse this “one-way street” with a new policy of fair trade for the American worker.”

Hunter contends that free trade policies directly impact America’s manufacturing base and contribute to the country’s trade deficit. Hunter cites that China has a 17 percent subsidy for its manufacturers, a 17 percent tax on U.S. imports, and the Chinese devalue their currency at 40 percent, making Chinese goods cheaper and leaving U.S. manufacturers at a 74 percent disadvantage.[/quote]

So basically, he would make the US isolationist, with high manufacturing wages, and thus pricey products. Yes, America would really love him for that… not.

A preemptive nuclear strike? Seriously? Have they considered locking this guy up?

youtube.com/watch?v=UqFxHTh98Ww
I found this interview with George Lakoff about his book, The Political Mind, to be fascinating. The guy doing the interview is really lame but there’s good stuff about how the mind works and why the conservatives are so successful and the democrats such losers.

5% of the world’s population.
25% of the world’s prisoners.
50% of the world’s military spending.

[quote=“skeptic yank”]5% of the world’s population.
25% of the world’s prisoners.
50% of the world’s military spending.[/quote]

How much of world’s wealth?

How much of world’s energy consumption?