The End of Western Civilization

No, lots of space within China for local Internet companies, ByteDance and DJI are doing great, so are others, but If you ask me they still have some catching up to do. I don’t see it as black and white. Potential is not about how many people you have, but what you are able to dream and imagine.

A lot is about how many people you have though, just in a numbers game, you end up finding talent in China

How do u mean? Its all local companies

Talent for which the sky is not the limit, that’s all I said. It just take one person, or a small group to innovate. Again it is not that there is no innovation in china, but there is more control.

There is a bias and you have to play by special rules…not a fully free market obviously.

Of course not. China isn’t free

Just cloud CRMs, TEAMs like software, Oracle Windows. I guess they have many local versions of all of these, but no global company will ever use them.
And yeah I have used Baidu a few times it’s like a really crap version of Google.

Yeah of course they won’t , but then a lot of stuff like Salesforce is useless in China. Most of the Chinese CRM are built around WeChat. Salesforce just bought an American WeChat CRM/marketing suite company to give them an in

Yes I have to say Wechat has pretty awesome business capabilities for running marketing campaigns easily.
But then again they aren’t so bothered by pesky data management regulations like almost every other advanced country. Even Korea and Japan have very strict consumer protections .

It’s not even a crap version of Google , it’s has one hundredth of the search capabilities. It’s shit for finding stuff but Google isn’t good for China, so no choice. Also lots of top search results are paid

1 Like

Yes Google is practically useless in China , I remember.

Yes , but even from here searching for information from china, baidu is shit.

1 Like

Maybe you should consider that some of us have.

1 Like

Yep this is their secret sauce for innovation, Alibaba and Tencent have so much customer data and at so many touchpoints. It gives them so much visibility

I wouldn’t want to live in that system though.

Taking those examples, electronic chat, digital payment, and “marketing campaigns” are aligned with the country’s goals. Search less so…But I don’t want to simplify too much, it is more complex than it seems.

You think I don’t know?

This is what I mean you are like a star spangled radio.

We aren’t discussing whether the CCP is good or moral

Yeah cause human rights is only important to Muricans. :roll_eyes:

And this is what I mean you are like a CCP apologist.

Let’s discuss all the wonderful things in China, and totally ignore their connection to the atrocious ones!

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

No because you aren’t able to have a conversation without turning it into a patriotic crusade that is completely off topic

What’s patriotic about human rights? I’m an American living overseas who is embarrassed about what’s going on in my own country and more than happy to engage in discussions about my own country’s ills.

Raising the issue of the depravity of the Chinese system, which is by design inseparable from Chinese industry, has nothing to do with patriotism. It has everything to do with human dignity.

Imagine speaking to a Chinese person

“Hey don’t you think Tesla is an amazing company? They are really pushing the boundaries”

“Oh yes, you are only saying that because you are an American apologist. Do you know about the illegal invasion of Iraq ? Drone attacks in Pakistan? Let me show you some links”

“Yeah I’m aware of that, it’s terrible, but I was just talking about Tesla”

“You just love America. Do you know they have no healthcare? The CIA organizes coups in other countries. You have no morals”

Basically, that’s you

I was going to but the guy’s VPN stopped working.

If Tesla was connected to the Murican government and military the way big companies in China are, you’d have a point.

But yeah, I’m no fan of the CIA and American militarism and am highly critical of it when I have discussions about America’s role in the world.