The everything is nice and people are nice thread

Named after the Yemenite city of Mocha, it was invented by Luigi De Ponti[1]. It was patented for the first time in Italy by an engineer named Alfonso Bialetti in 1933.[2] Bialetti Industrie continues to produce the same model under the name “Moka Express.”

I love my French press. Maybe I should get a moka pot too.

This was a nice story

2 Likes

Different flavor profile, same amazing buzz.

1 Like

Dude has an outstanding mullet. Mullets are nice.

1 Like

Out of French press, true espresso, and Moka pot, I’d choose the Moka pot every time.
It creams out the bitterness I’ve often found with the press, and has (for me, anyways) about 5 times the flavour profile of espresso (despite what some places say, it isn’t technically espresso:)

…typical moka coffee is extracted at relatively low pressures of 1 to 2 bar (100 to 200 kPa),[9] while standards for espresso coffee specify a pressure of 9 bar (900 kPa).[11][12] Therefore, moka coffee is not considered to be a true espresso and has different flavour characteristics.

If you want a kick starting nice day ahead of you, use a French press, it contains more caffeine!

1 Like

Tiamo is nice, but Bialetti is even nicer. Plus they have a nice logo.

1 Like

The Graphic Designer who made the logo is nice.

1 Like

Many people enjoy coffee but tea is also nice.

2 Likes

Especially when it’s brewed really strong and you add milk!

I had a horrible skin allergy for years from drinking tea (who knew?). But then I stopped drinking tea and the allergies stopped for good.

Tea rocks. Tippy Assam FTW!

That happened to the missus too. Took a while to figure out what caused it. But I suppose this sort of discussion isn’t very nice.

I’ve never heard of these. Is it kinda like rock salt?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m rocking.

Very nice.

1 Like

It’s nice that they got better!!!:smiley:

2 Likes

This is the thing–figuring it out was one of the nicest things that ever happened to me. It had been a good long time–I thought I’d take it to the grave, and it really sucked. So if you’re a sufferer and the cause isn’t clear, keep plugging away

1 Like

Wow any kind of tea?

Mostly Oolong. I was pounding it at work for a few years.

interesting…its nice that you shared something interesting…

2 Likes

Coffee farming destroys rainforests. Many people involved in its production are effectively slave labour. Around 130 litres of water is required to make just one cup of coffee.

Nice is a first world issue.

1 Like