The Excellent Made in Taiwan Products Thread

Is there a thread already?

Thought it would be good to list great products we like that are Made in Taiwan to either support our country or to avoid the Made in China issues.

Some things are hard to prove are fully made here, so, as a rule of thumb, let’s at least follow the label that country of origin must be Taiwan.

Let’s stick to products, not restaurants as there are many threads on eateries.

These are a few we really life so far.

FOOD

Dida Creamery

Anitas Hot Sauce

https://www.anitas.tw/

Empress Hot Sauce

TECH RELATED

Gigabyte laptop.

We bought it because it’s made here, 10k more than the Chinese ones, and we ended becoming friends with someone there that explained they actually have a pretty strong attitude towards not making in China, although certain things inside must be.

Will add more when at home and can search for their websites.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Does anyone know if gogoro electric scooters are made in Taiwan?

1 Like

Yes in Taoyuan and many suppliers in Taiwan I believe.

3 Likes

Gogoro Taiwan Limited 睿能創意股份有限公司 is located in Guishan District , in northeastern Taoyuan City

Videos about the production process at Gogoro factory

4 Likes

Very cool, thanks! I always wondered if they were MADE here or just their company is based here and they do the usual make most in china an put the wheels on here and call it Taiwanese.

At least a few years ago, some of the circuit boards in gogoro were definitely assembled in Taiwan. Seen some on a production line at a certain EMS (electronics manufacturing service) in taoyuan area.

Yep gigabyte has the advantage of having some of their circuit board assembly lines still in Taiwan. Again it’s a few years old info, but they mentioned that some high end graphics cards are assembled here, as well as some other higher end stuff like mainboards for workstations. And many prototypes - which is a big deal, since the mainboard developers are in Taiwan. For the very first bring up such engineers normally need to travel to China to the manufacturing line. Not so in GBT case: they have the freshly produced boards right at their doorstep. Awesome!

1 Like

How about a shout-out to the makers of youbikes—I presume Giant is involved, and so are factories in Taichung?

Guy

2 Likes

This is made in Taiwan…

A lot of electronic products made by Taiwanese companies are mostly MIT. It’s almost impossible to find something that is 100% China free, personally I would say just shoot for low China exposure instead, unless you want to spend months digging deep into the supplier informations.

2 Likes

Yup I agree. Thats why in this thread i stated from the beginning lets start at the label and use the country of origin as our baseline. If certain products are strictly sourced from taiwan, or even just not china or other conflict regions, feel free to highlight them and those points :slight_smile:

Got any info on that? That would be great if they are. So, are they?

@Taiwan_Luthiers what are those? The general public usually isnt permited to own guns so i am curious how they are relavant in taiwan. Or more of an amazing export product? Or paintball, bb type guns?

They’re export upper receivers for AR15, and they are real guns. Can’t have them in Taiwan unless you are serving in the army. They are standard issue rifle for the army here.

Youbikes are similar to the iNeed FunCity bike from GIANT Group 巨大集團全球營運總部

The Giant Group Headquarters 巨大集團全球營運總部 located in Taichung

The Giant factory is also located in Taichung

Some Videos about the production process of GIANT bicycles

sources and more info

https://kknews.cc/news/e66v44.html

https://www.giantcyclinggroup.com/en

6 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Production of products in Taiwan vs. China

I make these pesticide-free horse fly traps in Taiwan: https://www.agribotics.asia/

I’m beta testing a dozen units throughout Japan this summer and will go into mass production this winter. I plan to be selling thousands globally by this time next year.

5 Likes

That is very cool, wish you luck in selling them! I am always interested in anything pest related.

Will the manufacturing stay in Taiwan or will you go to china for cheaper labor?

Will stay (firmly) in Taiwan. It’s just my first product in the agricultural space. Next up will be a commercial freeze dryer/drying operation based in Hokkaido which will ship freeze dried fruits, meats, and vegetables throughout Asia.

3 Likes

Very cool. we do something similar, but not freeze dried here in taiwan. Good seeing more and more new businesses starting :slight_smile:

1 Like