The Family / Family International / Children of God cult

thank you :slight_smile: it’s been a long time and they’re all fairly happy with great people in their lives right now :slight_smile:

I’m guessing your first words were, “Convert me!”

Be careful with that.

I read reports that they like to have sex with children, or pressuring children to have sex with adults.

I wonder why the Taiwanese government doesn’t shut them down assuming they do something like this.

I would keep children away from that cult as much as possible.

This has indeed occurred in the past, but it’s unclear if any of the COG groups presently in Taiwan are guilty of this. Remember, whatever standard you apply to them, you also have to apply to the Catholic Church.

The sex with children thing is definitely a thing of the past. I’ve had a fair amount of interaction with these people and it’s all pretty innocuous these days. There is a lot of shared parenting and they encourage kids themselves to have kids at a fairly young age.

1 Like

An interesting read from a person who was on the other side of the experience.

What it was like growing up in the cult.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-scotland-44613932

This COG cult changed its name and is active in Taiwan’s youth detention centers. Quite incredible that the Taiwan government allows this cult access to vulnerable children. This is the new name of the cult and their Taiwan branch. The Family International is run by David Berg’s wife. He died. The Cult is a pedophile cult. I hope you can prove me wrong.
https://www.thefamilyinternational.org/en/work/asia-pacific/taiwan/

Taiwanese government officials don’t even know the difference between real Christians and cults.

What China does is label everyone a cult unless they conform to the communist manifesto.

1 Like

Good point , as I would not know the difference between Buddhist cults and Bhuddists. Kind of creepy that this cult operates in Taiwan’s youth detention centers though.Poor kids! They smoke a bit of Ketamine and end up attending classes by the COG. :roll_eyes:

I changed the thread title accordingly.

1 Like