The FISA scandal thread

That’s fine, there seem to be two camps, those who demand justice and those who think the institutions will defer prosecutions in order to avoid the erosion of confidence.

Either way, the US should be thinking about a revision of judicial system. This is something I have posted about many times how prosecutors pile on sentencing to ridiculous amounts to secure a guilty plea of a much smaller length because the person can’t afford the fight or the alternative is too grim. Or the prosecutors withhold exculpatory information with no penalty, or they twist the laws to be something that doesn’t exist with no reprecussions.

That would also be something welcomed by the AA’s as they are the ones most disproportionately affected by such practices. Some people guess anywhere from 10 to 20 percent of people in prison are innocent and are there because they took a guilty plea to avoid a trail where the odds and costs were just too high.

1 Like

It doesn’t work that way. People who think this way don’t understand why people hate corruption in the first place. They worship at the altar of nicey-nice, and sacrifice their credibility to that false god.

Ford pardoned Nixon ostensibly because of this way of thinking. That didn’t work out so well. Trump won bigly in 2016 by defying this mentality.

Prosecution is so uncouth. But so is impeachment, so…

It seems to me that it does work this way. Can you elaborate on your thinkning?

1 Like

But it does. The recent revelations about redactions have had the usual pundits ohhing and ahhing.

But why were they redacted in the first place, from the current administration? They didn’t reveal methods or sources, only embarrassing practices at the DOJ and FBI.

So Wray and Barr may be good guys, but they want the institutions of FBI and DOJ to remain credible.

How they do that with what is already known to the public is not an easy task. Or perhaps what you suggest, holding everyones ones feet to the coals, is uncharted and dangerous territory.

It’s precisely this that is destroying their credibility. It’s a constant battle to to keep the dirty secrets hidden, and it generally only ends one way.

And then they get stigmatized. And some people feel sorry for them, but most people don’t.

That’s how it works.

Socking! Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS was the source of the Alfa Bank claims in the Steele Dossier.

“I’m very clear is that the first person that ever mentioned the Trump server issue, Alfa server issue, was Mr. Sussman," he told Alfa Bank’s lawyers in March. Steele also said, “I was given the instruction sometime after that meeting by Mr. Simpson” to look into that as part of his dossier investigation, and said the Fusion GPS co-founder’s instruction “was absolutely, definitely linked to the server issue.”

:rofl: The backbone for the “Steele” dossier and claims about Alfa bank, originated 13 years ago, when Glen Simpson and his wife wrote a series of articles for the WSJ about then candidate John McCain being in league with the Russians, same players Oleg Deripaska, Paul Manafort.

Know we know for sure, from Steele that the source for these claims was Glen Simpson. :man_facepalming: No wonder they tried to launder it though Steele, if the FBI knew this was coming from Simpson they would have had nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

DOJ drops case against Flynn. https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/politics/michael-flynn-prosecution/index.html

Hopefully some prosecutions against the FBI will follow.

2 Likes

Obama more involved than previously thought:

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/05/09/jonathan-turley-rips-apart-obamas-leaked-statement-about-the-doj-and-flynn-and-its-glorious/

Not in this brain. :whistle:

He was a hands on POTUS (beer in the rose garden anyone). Ever since he gave John McCain the finger I’ve been giving him the side eye.

FISA is FBI is POTUS. This has always been a top down directive. Fascinating how many of Obama’s tippy top guys are in the media now. Funnier how Obama is now steering Netflix propaganda.

Just saying.

2 Likes

Well, alas, I lack the intelligence (though I’ll call it cynicism to make myself feel better) to have seen this coming. Shame on me after the weaponization of the IRS, the obvious nature of the Russia collusion hoax, and the rewriting of law not to charge Hillary for her emails blunder.

It’s alright, man. We’ll all pull through!

1 Like

So, what about Barack?
How do you know when’s he’s lying?
Oh yeah…right.

ormer President Barack Obama is being quoted from a private call that the “rule of law is at risk” after the Justice Department moved to dismiss the case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

“There is no precedent that anybody can find for someone who has been charged with perjury just getting off scot-free.”
Words matter, right? Obama was a "Constitutional law professor or summin, right? Seems he would know the legal difference between perjury and making a false statement to a fed, right?

Flynn was never charged with perjury.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: You. Don’t. Say.

But you cam here to read about a precedent. OK, got you covered.

The rare statement by President Obama is also interesting in light of the new evidence. As I discussed in a column this morning in the Hill newspaper, the new material shows that Obama was following the investigation of Flynn who he previously dismissed from a high-level position and personally intervened with President Donald Trump to seek to block his appointment as National Security Adviser. Obama reportedly discussed the use of the Logan Act against Flynn. For a person concerned with precedent, that was also a curious focus. The Logan Act is widely viewed as unconstitutional and has never been used to successfully convicted a single person since the early days of the Republic. Now that is dubious precedent.

I agree.

And yes, harhar, the algorithm brought the picture of Holder. Maybe the flobware is biased?

1 Like

There in lies the big dilemma. If you prosecute even the smallest fish, like James Wolfe who we know leaked Carter Page FISA, you implicate the gang of eight and interestingly expose the msm who have known all along, since they had the FISA that it was all based on crap phony information in the Steele dossier.

On the other hand if you don’t prosecute, this gaggle of people will not stop until they remove the President and have someone they want in power again and they carry on with absolute abuse of the intelligence agencies to target anyone they choose with the help of the msm, which amounts to a death of democracy in the US.

It would be sad for the latter to take place and it’s a little disconcerting to see so many on these boards cheering on that goal although I would give them the benefit of the doubt in saying they perceive things differently. To them I would say this, you may indeed win the battle, 20 years from now you might realize what that win cost you.

1 Like

Impossible. President Citibank’s administration was scandal free, it is known.

Can you post the article? Darn paywalls!

I thought you guys might be exempt!

I don’t have it either.

hit me up for anything from Barron’s!

HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL.
Some Obama officials (and maybe the untouchable man himself) are in a shit-stew together.

The tidbits are just too many too ignore any one of them:

一一一
In this outline we hope to provide some fully cited deep source material that will explain the origin; and specifically why those inside the Intelligence Community began targeting Trump and using Confidential Human Sources against campaign officials.

When you compile the timeline with the people involved; and the specific wording of the resulting review, which was then delivered to the FISA court; and overlay the activity that was taking place in the GOP primary; what we discover is a process where the metadata collected by the NSA was being searched for political opposition research and surveillance.

Mike Rogers shuts down access on April 18, 2016. On April 19, 2016, Fusion-GPS founder Glenn Simpson’s wife, Mary Jacoby visits the White House. Immediately thereafter, the DNC and Clinton campaign contract Fusion GPS… who then hire Christopher Steele.

Knowing it was federal “contractors”, outside government with access to the system, doing the unauthorized searches, the question becomes: who were the contractors?

The possibilities are quite vast. Essentially anyone the FBI or intelligence apparatus was using could have participated. Crowdstrike was a known FBI contractor, they were also contracted by the DNC. Shawn Henry was the former head of the FBI office in DC and is now the head of Crowdstrike; a rather dubious contractor for the government and a politically connected data security and forensic company. James Comey’s special friend Daniel Richman was an unpaid FBI “special employee” [with security access] to the database. Nellie Ohr began working for Fusion-GPS on the Trump project and she was a CIA contractor, and it’s entirely likely Glenn Simpson or people within his Fusion-GPS network were also contractors for the intelligence community.

Remember the Sharyl Attkisson computer intrusions? It’s all part of this same network; Attkisson even names Shawn Henry [as a defendant] in her ongoing lawsuit.

Once they created the surveillance door, Fusion-GPS was then needed to get the FBI known commodity of Chris Steele activated as a pipeline. Into that pipeline all system users pushed opposition research. However, one mistake from the NSA database extraction during an “about” query shows up as a New Yorker named Michael Cohen in Prague.

That misinterpreted data from a FISA-702 “about query” is then piped to Steele and turns up inside the dossier; it was the wrong Michael Cohen. It wasn’t Trump’s lawyer, it was an art dealer from New York City with the same name; the same “identifier”.

I would strongly urge everyone to read the FISC report (full pdf below) because Judge Collyer outlines how the DOJ, which includes the FBI, had an “institutional lack of candor” in responses to the FISA court. In essence, the Obama administration was continually lying to the FISA court about their activity, and the rate of fourth amendment violations for illegal searches and seizures of U.S. persons’ private information for multiple years.

Unfortunately, due to intelligence terminology Judge Collyer’s brief and ruling is not an easy read for anyone unfamiliar with the FISA processes. That complexity also helps the media avoid discussing it; and as a result most Americans have no idea the scale and scope of the Obama-era surveillance issues. So we’ll try to break down the language.

Click on zerohedge link
Long read. But many high+up Obama administration people are going to get fuqqed on
this.

3 Likes

Looks like Trump has a leaker.

Who the hell is Undercover Huber?

https://twitter.com/johnwhuber

1 Like

So, the conservative narrative has become…what if Flynn were …wait for it…a black kid.

Have YOU been targeted?
Have you been followed by the FBI for doing nuthin’?
Have you felt powerless against the Man?
Have you been set up in a perjury trap?

Next?

POLITICS & POLICY

Don’t Shrug at Obama’s Michael Flynn Scandal

By KYLE SMITH

May 12, 2020 5:01 PM

President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington, D.C., June 23, 2016 (Carlos Barria/Reuters )

It sure seems like an unconscionable attempt to take out a political enemy with state power.

How would President Obama be reacting to the collapse of the case against Michael Flynn if Flynn were a black teen?

Picture a racist white FBI agent who hates a black student and became enraged when that teen publicly insulted one of the agent’s close friends. Say the FBI sends two guys over to the teen’s house, claiming it suspects him of being involved in drug trafficking, and starts asking the kid questions in hopes that the kid will lie.

Did Obama break any laws? Maybe not. Was he part of an unconscionable effort to weaponize the police powers of the state against a political enemy? It sure looks that way. How else do you explain that Comey and Obama just casually discussed using the obviously phony pretext of the Logan Act for going after Flynn in the January 5, 2017, meeting while Sally Yates, the deputy attorney general, sat there in amazement that her own supposed underling, Comey, would cook up something so obviously bogus and politically explosive as this case without telling her?

:popcorn:
And Know nothing Joe, who says he knew nothing…well, was in the room. And that’s on the record.
I’m glad my next stimulus check is on the way. Need more :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: