The Flash Card Project (Supermemo and Beyond?)

[quote=“Paddy Joe”]heresjonny:

Scomargo:
I’m not sure if this is exactly what you mean but once you have your database in Excel and arranged neatly you can add whatever you want and then transfer over to Supermemo and merge with other databases if you so choose. I usually write new categories for my existing databases. I save them as new Excel (tab-delimited text) files, then convert and send to Supermemo with a new name, then merge together with an existing database (by renaming to the same name as an existing database). People should be able to share data together in a similar way as long as you use categories to keep things organized and avoid repeating flashcards. By merging you also save your current progress on your flashcards and don’t have to start afresh with a whole new database. Also I sort of promised you TLI databases a while back. PM me with your e-mail and I’ll happily send them to you.

Cheers,
PJ[/quote]
Thanks Paddy Joe,
I guess I do the same thing as you, but when I copy from Excel into Notepad, it somehow preserves the tab-delimited format for me. I also make extensive use of the category names, and try to merge databases as much as possible. I like to have no more than about 10 databases at a time so I can see them on the same screen without scrolling.

PM is on the way, thanks!

I’m very interested in getting word lists for “practical audio visual chinese” book one (and eventually book two) to work on my palm pda, preferably in Plecodict. It seems like this thread petered out… Has anyone been using plecodict flashcards for this book?

The lists do seem to be available in some kind of plecodict importable form – but it looks like it the files don’t work very well and are full of holes:

plecoforums.com/viewtopic.ph … bf275dec79

And there is this great resource if you want to use the flashcards in a pdf format:

truant.net/flashcards/index.php? … &Itemid=28

But I’d love to get the PVAC word lists going in plecodict… thanks in advance if you have any advice!

I need help programming Supermemo. Is there anyone in the Taipei area with a bit of free time? I can treat for lunch – your choice of restaurants, Hooters is next door to my place.

TIA
Paul

I realize many of these posts are now quite dated but I was wondering what happened to this project? I am painstakingly putting together a supermemo database for Far East Everyday Chinese 3 at the moment and was hoping I wouldn’t have to repeat the process of starting from scratch for other texts I’ve studied.

Does anyone out there have something they could share?

Naturally I will give you the file I have done and a big zip file of other vocab stuff I have found on the internet in exchange.

I look forward to someone out there posting a reply or PM’ing me. Thanks in advance.

I’ve been getting bugged to get the databases I’ve made online somewhere… I’ll try to do it before my travels next week. Poke me about it with a PM or email on Saturday if I don’t post here again before then. :smiley:

miltownkid if you could put those databases online that would be fantastic. I am studying the Far East Chinese book 2 at the moment. I have inputed all of the vocab into my palm for the first book, which took me a long time, and would like to avoid doing it for book 2 and 3 if I can.

Thanks for your help

I’m running out the door BUT I thought I’d take care of this. I’ll clean the post up later:

miltownkid.com/2008/08/03/the-pa … databases/

Thanks heaps for that brother, your a life saver! They work fine and dandy