The Forumosan Recipe Thread

Got a good recipe to share? A new dish you cooked up and want to show off your skills as a chef? Share!

I made a Cajun chicken and sausage pasta today. I make a lot of fusion style Italian food because Italian food can be a bit boring sometimes and lack spices sometimes. Very good tasting but can be a bit boring if you like a lot of different flavors.

Ingredients
Minced garlic
Garlic powder
Paprika
Cajun seasoning
Worcester sauce
Butter
Chicken breast
Sausages (I used Italian sausage)
Diced mushrooms
Chicken broth
Heavy cream
Parmesan
Pasta of your choice

I don’t use exact amounts of ingredients and go by feel and personal taste on the recipe.

Put some butter in the pan and than the chicken breast. Season it with Cajun spices. Don’t be shy on the Cajun spice. It’s the main flavor and you want it to shine. When finished, cut and put it aside for now.

Use the Same pan to use the flavors of the Cajun sauce and chicken and put in more butter. Put in your cut sausages and cook until some browning. Take it out and put it aside.

Now do the same again with your mushrooms. And take it out and put it aside.

Now use the same pan with all the flavors left in. Put in more butter and some of your minced garlic. Then put in chicken stock and after cream. Some Worcester sauce as well. Put some paprika and garlic powder and stir well. After a few minutes, put the Parmesan in to thicken the creamy sauce.

Once done. Slowly put the cooked pasta, chicken, sausages, and mushroom in. The order isn’t important.

17 Likes