The (French) peasants are revolting

I know, idk what people are thinking. Texas economy is great and growing. We have some of the fastest growing cities in Texas around Dallas area. We were one of the few states that were barely affected by the last recession. Housing and land is plenty and jobs are plenty. No state income tax. And they want to blue like California? States and areas the dem control are often the worst; people have lost their minds.

2 Likes

Just saw this. Holy crap. Not a good image

1 Like

France and Macron are hypocrites.

Riot police in France and Germany get a good workout every 1st of May, this is more of the same. The difference is that these days everything gets filmed and immediately put online.

1 Like

“I wonder if international organizations, starting with the United Nations and European Union, do not find it vomit-making to leave people in an isolated area, without any assistance.”

I will need to ask our french and Italian friends what this tendency to call things “vomit-making” comes from, they do it all the time, it’s one of those phases that makes you think, “ah Italian or French”

“Dumping migrants”…come on pasta people, they were precious resources that Macron so kindly sent as a gift.

Could it be that global warming is a huge scam?

Could it be that the nanny state is a huge scam?

The peasants are revolting, but the regime is worse.

Could it be that Rowland is a dreamer?

The Greeks were told by the EU their ATMs would be turned off if they didn’t sign the EU deal.

1 Like

Why having a cake if you can’t eat it?

Global warming isn’t a scam, but politicians can construct a scam out of anything. Do they actually think that taxing fuel is going to make the slightest bit of difference? Do they think the general public can’t spot that as a scam?

I think most people accept that government is a necessary evil (ie., no government at all produces a much worse outcome). It’s just such a pity that governments can’t just get on with doing their job, without trying to do a load of other stuff (very badly indeed) which isn’t their job at all.

1 Like

Could it be you are an idiot for thinking global warming, the most serious crisis that humanity and the Earth has to face right now …Is a scam ?

Not a good image at all, geez.

Supposedly protests of all social groups is a NORMAL thing in France . Everybody does it.

If some kids were thrashing my local school I damn well will support the police in putting a stop to it. I’m pretty sure French people will too in the main. This kids are stopping OTHER kids from getting an education.

Yes, it’s absolutely devastating. I mean, literally millions of people are dying every year because of this unprecedented catastrophe! Oh, wait…

“A new US government report delivers a dire warning about climate change and its devastating impacts, saying the economy could lose hundreds of billions of dollars – or, in the worst-case scenario, more than 10% of its GDP – by the end of the century.”

" The US economy advanced an annualized 3.5 percent on quarter in the third quarter of 2018"

14COhR2

2 Likes

Oh my god! We’re all going to die!

2 Likes

It could happen.
This was 10c warming. Permian extinction, the biggest extinction event in Earths history. Almost all marine life died and most terrestrial life.

It’s not unbelievable that we could see 5C warming.

Looks like I better jump off a building to avoid dying a slow, horrible death by…global warming! I propose that all the major world leaders immediately hop on their private jets and fly to a ritzy resort to hold a meeting about what do to about this impending mass extinction!!!

1 Like

Maybe we could have a thread on “ climate change “ ? I don’t think it’s been discussed fully on Forumosa :smirk:

2 Likes