The frigit indoors in the summer heat

Summer is here, and many public buildings are cranking up the ACs at full blast (an utter waste of energy, imho). How do you deal with the drastic temperature difference between outdoors and indoors? Was at a movie last night. At the end of the 2-hour film, I was freezing to death in my t-shirt.

Yeah. Unforunately, I often find myself carrying a hooded top everywhere even in the middle of summer for that very reason.

The cinema almost froze me to death once, and many cafes do it too.

You wuss! I’m in tank top year round here even when it’s freezing because all I think about is the short distance from home to bus stop and the wet face and sticky back and that’s enough to make me take an ice cold shower and dry my hair in front of the air con!

Damn this hot muggy weather to hell and eternity. I’m on a war with Taiwan weather and I shall not back down!

It’s easy. Come and work in my office where the gweilos fight to lower the temperature, and the locals fight to get it back up to 26 degrees.

In my office it’s the locals who always try to keep the AC cranked, even when it’s only like 20 degrees outside. The gweilos are always complaining that it’s too damn cold. 26 degrees is a comfortable temperature. There’s no reason that people should have to deal with temperatures below that. Who wants to be cold? It’s like torture.

Welcome to Taiwan! Where you wear a jacket outside in the winter and inside in the summer. That’s how I deal with it, I keep a jacket in my bike in case I need to venture indoors.

And yes, the amount of energy wasted in this country is behond belief. Got to see it to believe it. :s

:thanks: True dat! Drives me bloody insane when its a nice comfy 36C outside, but I have to drag extra clothes around because every god damned interior public space is 15C… The xiaojies need to learn that the fur coats are winter fashion only, and the guys what shorts are.

Freeze.roast.freeze.roast. :grrr: :grrr:

Are you a camel? :astonished:

At my office, it’s the locals and the waiguoren who fight to turn the AC on, and the boss who keeps turning it off.

[quote=“Chris”]
At my office, it’s the locals and the waiguoren who fight to turn the AC on, and the boss who keeps turning it off.[/quote]

I guess this is not a good time to ask if you got that raise yet eh? :laughing:

At my office, it’s the locals and the waiguoren who fight to turn the AC on, and the boss who keeps turning it off.[/quote]

I want to come work in your office!

Frigid indoors in the summer heat? Doesn’t that belong into the relationship forums?

I used to drive my scooter to and from Chinese classes in downtown Koahsiung heat. Couldn’t wait to drive past the department store! 15 meters from the front doors, the road way was a nice and cool oasis! Couldn’t have standed shopping there.