The Frying Scotsman Chat Thread (Part 1)

I saw The Frying Scotsman fish and chip shop advertised recently in the Taiwan magazine. It is due to open this month on Shin Yi Road. Not mentioned on Forumosa, is this a joke?

[quote=“WolvesMon”]I saw The Frying Scotsman fish and chip shop advertised recently in the Taiwan magazine.
It is due to open this month in Xinyi Road.
Not mentioned on forumosa, is this a joke?[/quote]
Its no joke. I’ll be camping out on the pavement outside the night before it opens.

Holy shit, where on Xinyi will it be?

Their website:
http://fryingscotsman.com/index.html

OMFG an actual fish and chip shop! And their website says they’ll sell pies! PIES!

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Their website:
http://fryingscotsman.com/index.html

OMFG an actual fish and chip shop! And their website says they’ll sell pies! PIES![/quote]
And maybe black puddens and haggis! Duncan if you’re reading this – YOU ARE A GOD! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Duncan Inglis and Sheena working hard to get it together, will tell him that he is a god when I see him this weekend.

Do they wrap it in the Taiwan Times or China Post?

I love you Scottie. I have to make a trip to Taipei NOW!

I hope he does deep-fried sassenachs in batter.

This may all seem OK that it is a Scottish Fish and Chips shop but the real question… Will they be the first in Taiwan to sell that most famous Scottish health food: deep friend mars bars…

Dammit, if I wasn’t still on my diet, I’d sooooo be there! :frowning:

look around you little buddha and tell me where you think you are. i’ll give you a hint. rice 365 days a year? you can’t let a little thing like a diet get between you and proper food when it comes your way.

look around you little buddha and tell me where you think you are. I’ll give you a hint. rice 365 days a year? you can’t let a little thing like a diet get between you and proper food when it comes your way.[/quote]

:laughing: Good point! I knew it wouldn’t take much to convince me! :blush:

And anyway, you can just ask for a “single fish” as opposed to a “fish supper” i.e. fish without the chips. If its done properly it contains far less fat than you’d think.

Yes they will! :slight_smile: Check out their weblink.

Yes they will! :slight_smile: Check out their weblink.[/quote]

Yum… :bravo: I’ll be queing up there on Sep 9th on opening day!

OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! (Repeat a million times).

Whoever is opening this fish and chips shop should be knighted or something. I can’t wait. Just seeing the photo of fish and chips is making my mouth water and giving my stomach hunger pangs.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Haggis! The legendary Scottish delicacy!

I’ve never tried it, I’ve often heard about it, I must try some…

I love fish and chips…and mushy peas!

Someone please inform the webmaster of their site that “chips” was mistranslated into Chinese as “malingshu pian”, which is what Americans call “potato chips” and Brits call “crisps”. It should be “shutiao”, which is what Americans call “French fries” and Brist call “chips”.

Random thought #389
Does anyone know if there’s gonna be an opening day event/affair/reception kinda thing? Wouldn’t that be fun? Fish fingers as finger food and some lager to wash it down? :sunglasses:

[quote=“Chris”]Haggis! The legendary Scottish delicacy!

I’ve never tried it, I’ve often heard about it, I must try some…[/quote]
Chippy haggis is good but it’s not really the same as proper steamed haggis. I always find it a wee bitty dry for my taste.

Chippy haggis

Real haggis (don’t you just want to cuddle 'em? Cute little buggers)