The Frying Scotsman Chat Thread (Part 1)

I wonder if they’re also gonna sell random stuff like toilet rolls, fags and light bulbs, just like a REAL Falkirk chippy :wink: .

And Irn Bru of course.

Oh man, if only.

Y-y–you…eat that??

:noway:

Man, if you think about what’s in burgers or sausages…

Will they have a Robert Burns poem hanging on the wall?

Will they have that scottish delicacy of fried mars bars?

Um, I think this was covered earlier in this thread . . . :wink: The short answer is “yes,” according to their Web site.

[quote]

naguoning wrote:
Will they be the first in Taiwan to sell that most famous Scottish health food: deep friend mars bars…

Yes they will! Check out their weblink. [/quote]

[quote=“jdsmith”]Y-y–you…eat that??

:noway:[/quote]

No, it is what a Scotsman hides under his kilt!

:shocker:

Yes, but it has to be on a poorly printed linen teacloth under the heading “Traditional Scotch Fayre.”

Yes, but it has to be on a poorly printed linen teacloth under the heading “Traditional Scotch Fayre.”[/quote]

Hey man, if those American tourists keep buying 'em :wink:

I am available to be the slightly confused bloke wobbling about outside with one leg fixed to the floor and the other alternating in front and behind (to keep balance), staring out his chips, and muttering to himself… “genny fooo… fuggah borrugh! Heddawayansh… gettyfoo! Dinnae geafg ganoo ach!”

Reaonable rates: One steamed haggis an hour and 15 pints of heavy.

You got it WH.

Anyone wanna be the pregnant teenager wrapping chips? :wink:

11 more days… can hardly wait…

This is ‘He’ The frying Scotsman himself, if all you twats would just check oot the webbie, you would see that 'Fried ‘battered’ Mars bars are standard, Scotch pies great, working on the rest. saveloys, mushy peas, curry sauce no problems, Cod imported, along with Whiting, potatoes, veg oil and beef dripping!
I am trying hard to bring it on as real as I can, many import restrictions on Beef, lamb etc making difficult, but making what I cannot get locally to standards as per UK
Beer will be available, bottles only, I do not run a bar, to the twat that requests toilet paper and light bulbs, !!! Get a fekkin Life!

[quote=“fryingscotsman”]
… to the twit that requests toilet paper and light bulbs, !!! Get a fekkin Life![/quote]

Hehe. But you got the joke, right? I mean… tell me you didn’t laugh :wink:

By the way, I honestly wish you the upmost success with this. You’re doing a great service here. Good luck.

Welcome, D. We met one Hogmanay at the Green Bar and we’ll be meeting again soon.
Very best of luck to you!

Kind of bumping here, how’s things looking for Friday? Me and my partner are just up the road and are dead keen on being first in line for lunch.
[:drool] :pray: :taz:

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“fryingscotsman”]
… to the twit that requests toilet paper and light bulbs, !!! Get a fekkin Life![/quote]

Hehe. But you got the joke, right? I mean… tell me you didn’t laugh :wink:

By the way, I honestly wish you the upmost success with this. You’re doing a great service here. Good luck.[/quote]

I did laugh, and am now looking for suitable lightbulbs to fry, thanks.

Hi Folks, pushing contractor hard for Friday opening, i will admit it is Touch and go but will keep all posted should there any delay, I will not open if things are not ready, I aim to deliver a good quality service, and will have to ensure that is what you all get.
Almost everything is imported, Mars Bars included, yes even the potatoes are brought in specially to ensure a true taste of Britain. I am going for quality and taste, not volume and horrible.

Please note however, the shop will NOT be suitable for vegetarians! I look forward to your custom, Please remember that if you have any items you woulk particularly like to see in the shop then let me know and I will do my best.

I will also need your patience and understanding when first opening, it will take time to train staff etc and get things running smoothly, comments and constructive critiscism are most welcome.