The Game Club ideas thread

Here are some things I was thinking about for the game club.

• Leave some games there, so we don’t have to keep bringing them.
  • Get the restaurtant to give us discounts on food and drinks.
  • Have them reserve a table for us every Sunday at around 3:30 (which one do you think is best?)
  • Have the store prepare change (money) every week (before we get there).

Let me know what you think of these ideas. We could also do some things to boost membership, but maybe people like it small.

I like a variety of games. I brought dominoes and uno last week, but no one was there nor on their way. I am thinking of ordering some games online since I will not be heading home for at least another 18 months to buy things (oh, and see my family). We have to get a game of hearts going…we played one Sunday and it was great. I will try to hook up some more games so there is more variety which may inspire more people to join us. Do you think Jenga is too loud or Connect Four too childish?

On my wishlist of Games Club Games:

Risk
Clue(do)
Taboo
Scattergories
Yahtzee (can be made without actual game)
Outburst

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Do you think Jenga is too loud or Connect Four too childish?

On my wishlist of Games Club Games:

Risk
Clue(do)
Taboo
Scattergories
Yahtzee (can be made without actual game)
Outburst[/quote]
Nothing is too loud and childish. I’m all about some Yahtzee

I also left some games the to play anytime. There in a blue bag. There’ a few boards for

I saw quite a nice place in Yongkang St. It’s a basement turned coffee plaza. The owner sport a weird yanni style long hair, and listen to his inpirational songs all day.

They are a 2nd hand CD + Book shop. They have a wide range of Japanese, English and Chinese books you can read on site, and they have a lot of nice long tables we can used for playing cards.

Next time around I show you where it is.

ax

I used to be in a games club at uni. We had a membership fee and used it to buy games. That could work, but for a couple of things. It might put off membership (could be solved by a voluntary membership - membership = VIP card - negotiate discount with cafe and those with out VIP pay full, and we pocket the difference into Game club funds? - just ideas). Most people probably care mroe for the company than what games we actually play. We’d need to go financial and have some sort of treasurer.

Just ideas. Hopefully coming this Sun.

Brian

Those are grand ideas, keep them coming…

Yes, but having a treasurer would involve more permanent membership which would be nice, but what about people who just randomly drop in or who come sometimes, but not all the time? I’m definitely not saying it’s a bad idea, but it is necessary? Okay, yes it would be nice to have a more permanent stock of games than for it to be based on who shows up, but…dammit. I give up. I’ll see y’all tomorrow with my deck of Uno. I’ll have to wait until payday to invest in some Connect Four.

I’ll be there today.