The girl and the banana (Audi ad controversy)

Can we please continue living our lives and not see everything in a weird context!

1 Like

Ah, no. The image has meaning. The meaning is clearly intentional. She’s wearing a leopard skin print dress.

Leopards are an endangered species.

Print! It’s nylon!

FFS. Sometimes a banana is just a banana. Was the Minions movie (“bananaaaaa!”) veiled homosexual propaganda?

Still, it’s a completely crap advert. I have no idea what the kid, or the banana, or for that matter the car are doing in that picture. The tagline makes zero sense. I wonder which advertising agency charged money for that.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar…

That’s what Bill Clinton said.

Insert pinko pedophile cabal conspiracy theory here :hole:

Probably non, I guess it was the proud owner of the car putting the image of his car and daughter up for Instagram or Twitter. Companies do that nowadays. Strengthens the connection consumer-brand.
Some people have to meh about everything.

:pizza:

Nothing is accidental in advertising.

2 Likes

Quite. Company releases controversial ad to get attention. Shocking…

1 Like

The real problem here is that banana’s have been given a bad reputation. When in reality, few people use bananas for their populous reputation.

Bananas matter too!~

White inside, yellow peel.

Possibly, but I’m sure the tagline was added by a paid agency. Do you think that phrase means anything at all? Do you think it would convince people to buy an Audi?

:banana:

I knew a girl named Anna.
From Louisiana.
Did it with a banana.

Beastie Boys?

Copy writers, brain stormed. Obviously not for this image.

Audi actually paid for that drivel? That’s literally worse than no tagline at all.

3 Likes

Unless they were deliberately trying to provoke controversy.

Even then, it’s still crap. It should’ve been, “Hey, mister. Need a lift?”

4 Likes

“plausible deniability”

1 Like