The global warming thread

(Yeah, I know they’ve rebranded to climate change, but I don’t care. Same swindle, different box.)

A sign it may be peaking:

And here’s the thread for that nutty poster child they’ve resorted to:

You just don’t get it. Do you?

1 Like

One of us is missing something.

Well, that was an easy case to handle imho.

“Your honor, how could we be found guilty of misleading our investors regarding the risks of global warming? Everyone knows it’s not global warming… it’s actually climate change, riiight???”
The jury gasps in shock. A woman stands up and shouts:“My God, they’re clearly innocent!! Let those poor souls go, you fools!!”
People cheer as the CEO of Exxon walks away a free man

I should become a lawyer. Does it take an exam or something? I want to do it but in an Avenatti way.

Funny the rebranding came from conservatives as climate change sounds more benign. As usual some of the best examples of misinformation and rebranding come from this guy (anyone remember Death Tax and Death Panels)? I’ll give conservatives one thing though, they are really good at spin:

“It’s time for us to start talking about “climate change” instead of global warming and “conservation” instead of preservation…“Climate change” is less frightening than “global warming”…While global warming has catastrophic connotations attached to it, climate change suggests a more controllable and less emotional challenge”.

Source: Republican Political Consultant Frank Luntz, 2003

What’s that supposed to mean?

What does this remind us of?

No agenda:

2 Likes

2 Likes

“will be”?

It’s all a big plot by Soros and the Chinese to bring down America!

Remember how sure conservatives were AGW was made up? How long did right wing economics delay remedying this? We had decades to act.

The mask slips…

You know what? Fuck these people.

Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/03/environmentalists-make-good-movie-villains-because-they-want-make-your-real-life-worse/