The "Good-Lookingness Skips a Generation" Theory

It’s because beautiful women tend to marry rich, ugly men. And then the kids end up looking like dad (and, if they’re really unlucky, they’ll also end up with their mom’s smarts or lack thereof.)

Rich men are driven to aquire wealth so that they can get laid. Therefore, most rich men tend to be on the ugly side. Handsome men don’t need to pay to aquire sex and so tend to lack in ambition.

[quote=“914”]http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=211982&GT1=7651

In the above article, Brangelina’s expecting. The “experts” :unamused: believe the child will be “above average-looking.” I disagree. From my experiences, I have reached my own theory which I believe one day will win a Nobel Prize, the Good-Lookingness (Usually) Skips a Generation Theory.

Rarely do I see hot parents and offspring. And the children of most beautiful people you read about are well, kind of average, and not as attractive as their parents.

So yes, tosses hair my children will be butt. :smiley: :wink: :blush: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: (I’m KIDDING!!!)[/quote]

Completely agree. I don’t think the kid will be butt ugly, but unfortunately will have to deal with high expectations from the world. I think the kid will be average at most.

I look like my father when he was younger, he now looks like a cross between Saddam Hussein and Ricky Tomlinson. Can it skip 2 generations, or is everyone in my family destined for fuglyness ?

Excellent, my children will be gorgeous! :wink:

This is actually normal – it’s a statistical phenomenon called regression to the mean. It happens on all kinds of dimensions like height, intelligence, etc.

So if you’re a bit on the losing end of some stat, take comfort … your kids are unlikely to be quite as cursed.

This is actually normal – it’s a statistical phenomenon called regression to the mean. It happens on all kinds of dimensions like height, intelligence, etc.

So if you’re a bit on the losing end of some stat, take comfort … your kids are unlikely to be quite as cursed.[/quote]
That’s what I said, dood! Actually, I’d be really shocked at nature if most good looking people had good looking children. It’s the miracle of genetics and even distribution (that’s as scientific as I can get).

What really surprises me is when I sometimes read about the backgrounds of geniuses, I sometimes wonder if these people were adopted because of their overachievements in extremely humble and average families.

Yes, do take comfort, Dragonbones.

Sigh…
I feel sorry for my kids already
:wink:

You’re all beautiful. :slight_smile: The genius thing according to the experts is more likely in the second child. Maybe I should amend my first sentence to you’re all beautiful geniuses.

Then we should have some brats 914. You know – give 'em at least a fighting chance and all. :wink: