The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

No thread about the Democratic Party, so I’m leaving this here… :grin:

4 Likes

OK, this is getting a little weird… :open_mouth:

1 Like

Good. Let him keep talking and then take credit for any GOP win in November and then watch him slide.

Terrifying but entertaining. 10/10 will watch again! That Scott Neely is foreal y’all!

POMPEO 2024

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/07/20/will_gop_be_a_much_more_militant_majority_147923.html

McCarthy has already hinted at a more brash Republican response to the White House, with his party previewing investigation after investigation of the administration, from their handling of Afghanistan to Hunter Biden, the president’s own son. Boehner and Ryan promised muscular majorities and then failed to deliver, at least up to conservative standards. Do the GOP leaders of the House and Senate have the stomach for a fight, a brawl that’s heavy on the culture war?

“I’m confident that McCarthy does, and I think McConnell does,” Gingrich said of the current moment. Ahead of the last presidential election, he recalled, Republican leadership repeatedly disappointed their base, “paving the way for Donald Trump as an outsider.”

I like MIke.

Is he really an evangelical tea partier who went from anti to pro trump, or just a fickle opportunist?

And either way, does that make him a good choice?

Still, not worse than the last guy and possibly better than the current placeholder

Establishment.

To get appointed to one of these prime positions, you need Senate confirmation. Mitch McConnell used to control that window. He is establishment and would only approve establishment candidates, hence Pompeo is establishment.

The tea party establishment?

No such thing. Based on the establishment argument, the answer to my first question is opportunist

No. Establishment is both parties.

Umm perhaps clarify, please. Not sure what you are saying here.

Every politician is an opportunist. This means nothing. If you don’t take advantage of opportunities, you’re not going to make it in politics.

1 Like

He got his political start in the small government libertarian tea party movement, assuming you are correct that he turned establishement, then he’s a fickle opportunist

I think the main point here is, you couldn’t pass a nominee for any senate approved post without Mitch McConnell blessing.

Mike Pompeo was allowed to pass.

That’s very far from the point i was making, but if that’s your point, ok

I keep saying, the primaries are where you bury Trump. Pence is Van Helsing.

In wading into the race, Pence hopes to score another win against Trump in the endorsement sweepstakes. Pence has a solid track record so far: In the most visible primary on the 2022 calendar, Pence campaigned for Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, who easily defeated Trump’s hand-picked challenger, former Sen. David Perdue. Trump vowed in 2020 to defeat Kemp after he refused to join Trump in contesting Joe Biden’s narrow victory in the Peach State.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/07/21/trump_and_pence_wade_into_fierce_arizona_primary_battle__147924.html

Pence is a swap creature, just the same as 99% of Washington DC. An interesting comparison was made to Musk taking over Twitter, it was never going to work because the company is filled with woke warriors who would rather see the whole thing burned to the ground than have an outsider impose his vision on the company.

Same with Washington DC only the number of employees is in the hundreds of thousands, and outsider like Trump was never going to be allowed to impose his ideas and vision in Washington without a rebellion the likes we have never seen before. Indeed it was like something we have never seen before.

Has anyone even heard Pence talk for more than 30 seconds? The only time I recall him saying anything of note was to set up Mike Flynn by declaring no one in Trumps team had spoken to a Russian.

Yes. And here’s the next one, today actually.

“Across the United States, we need to implement strict prohibitions on teaching inappropriate racial, sexual, and political material to America’s children in any form,” Trump declared in a speech Saturday night in Florida to young conservatives at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit.

Must be the new small government game plan. It’s gonna be really really huge.

1 Like

I wonder what constitutes inappropriate political material, exactly.

Let’s don’t find out.