The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

I’ve barely been following this, but *Ted Cruz’*s name pricked up my ear. He’s no lightweight.

So, the goal, from my POV atm, is delegitimize the slow sad erection of Joe Biden and then come smashing back in 2022 and retake the Hoose, bc what may come out of the Durham thing and the election thing (imho, there will absolutely be one) may not look good for the Dems. Then the Progs will take over and eat Nancy driveway pig’s head…OK, wait, that’s the screwdriver talking.

https://www.axios.com/multiple-senators-oppose-certify-election-results-c5f0610c-91e0-4431-abbe-91b4d860dfd4.html

What they’re saying: " Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission’s findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed," the senators said in a joint statement.

• The group noted a similar commission - made of five representatives, five senators and five Supreme Court justices - reviewed allegations of fraud in the 1876 election.
  • “Accordingly, we intend to vote on Jan. 6 to reject the electors from disputed states as not ‘regularly given’ and ‘lawfully certified’ (the statutory requisite), unless and until that emergency 10-day audit is completed."

My take, it’ll happen. It is necessary. A lot of people feel they wuz robbed. They need to know they weren’t or they were and what’s gonna be done aboot it. If flaccid Joe wants to heal, heal that divide. I recall the “Not my president” signs on a very few lawns for the entirety of the past four years. Imagine millions of them. There’s nothing illegal or coupy about it. The results could be in by the 17th…right b4 the DNC Coronation. :crown:

What are they going to find out in 10 days that the Trumpcult hasn’t been able to prove for 2 months? Enough of this crap.

16 Likes

I’m not sure which “crap” you’re referring to. Why do you think that something needs to be found out? Is it possible many given this year alone, justifiably upset people have decided to just simply run through the Constitutional set ups built into the Law for the hell of it?

I hear a lot of “let the process run through, come what may.” But I base that on people in Albany, NY whom I speak with as well as anonymous folk online in local FB newsburbz.

Some folks want to step up and ensure they did what was demanded of them in real time, given the way they thought and felt at that time. There’s nothing shameful about it. NOTHING illegal or Counterrevolutionary has been done*. Ted Cruz has the week to persuade a LOT of people that this is a good idea. As I said upstairs, Ted is no lightweight.

*Not that you @ShaoPang said anything of the sort!

The rub is, the people that want this aren’t going to be satisfied with a 10 day audit unless Trump wins. So what makes this necessary, and why bother with it? The states have certified. The GOP all of a sudden aren’t down with states rights. What a world…

4 Likes

A lot of people believe a lot of stupid things. Their stupidity certainly should be taken into account.

12 Likes

Ted Cruz is simply vying with Hawley to inherit Trump cultists. Th Trump supporters are so entrenched in an alternate reality that would-be successors have nothing to lose by their actions. People saying they won’t achieve their goals are simply mistaking their motives, which is not to support Trump, but to inherit the mantle in 2024.

4 Likes

I think that ship has sailed already. Crush this mob of antidemocratic lunatics first. Then we can think about healing.

10 Likes

Calm down.

Objecting to certification of election results is nothing new. In fact, it’s really, really common.

The ‘threat to democracy’ line is tiring. Democrats objected to certification of results in 2000, 2004 and 2016. Republicans are objecting this year.

3 Likes

I’ll calm down after election thief Trump, his cabal of antidemocratic nutjobs, and anyone who goes along with this nonsense are wiped off of the political stage. Until then this is a threat that should be addressed as a matter of first concern.

5 Likes

They have filed lawsuits.

In courts.

Nearly all have been dismissed or tossed down to a lower court.

“Wiping people off political stages” sounds dramatic but there’s nothing out of the ordinary happening here.

You clearly have no idea what you’re looking at. It’s supposed to be dramatic, that’s clearly what this deserves, and what Trump has deserved for some time.

What is supposed to be dramatic?

What are you proposing? Angry crowds breaking down the doors and dragging him out to be hung on the White House back lawn instead of waiting for a peaceful transition of power that has happened every following every election since 1784?

It’s good that people are nominally paying attention to the mess than is generally modern politics but not so good when they pretend that the world was formed in 2016.

Just listen to Trump and his cabal, plenty of examples above, and watch people being fooled by them or hoping to gain political advantage. I get that a lot of people won’t listen to or pretend not to understand what Trump and his cabal are saying, for some time now, old news really, but that’s not my problem. It just shows how big a problem this is and that these people need to be politically crushed, that’s all I’m advocating for. Forget any accommodations with these people. How much accommodating did they do for four years? None!

2 Likes

Uh, no.

1 Like

Romney is no surprise, but there are others, as you would expect.

Cruz is just acting up for political theatre, it won’t go anywhere.

3 Likes

Politicians doing thing for political advantage?

Shocked I tell you.

1 Like

Thanks for the high level discourse.

Videos of each of the above are not precisely secret.

Alright, cite us some.

He should just get his own party, ‘The Cruzers’.