The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

Is it? Lots of new Catholic Latino voters, who as we have just discovered, vote along GOP lines.

Remember when abortion was a single issue vote? And what’s more important these days, the House, The Senate or the Executive? NOthing is done these days without numbers being crunched.

Nuff said

Keep in mind that Texas will be a battleground state for control of the U.S. House next year.

It’s six weeks dude. That gives a woman less than two weeks to schedule once she’s noticed she passed her regular period which is common for some women even if you’re not pregnant. My guess is they didn’t crunch the numbers on that.

A lot of women vote. You can’t predict the impact of Texas making their local issue a national rallying cry.

1 Like

I’m not fixated on the details or the dust kicked up. It seems to me to be a blunt force political move to get more GOP Texas House seats.

I’m not. I think it’s mostly for the Texas State House seats, and a few US House seats held by dems. Also…should you wish to discuss the national implications, I read in passing the other day that Florida was considering a similar bill.

It makes a lot of sense to me. I’m sure you have picked up on that I’m not really happy with the Dems right now, and though voting for a Republican nationally wasn’t likely in the cards for me, I might have at least considered it, depending. Something like this just hammers it home how truly unlikely it is.

My guess is they absolutely did crunch the numbers on that.

1 Like

Make or break time is fast approaching. The depth of news, the venue!!!, is staggeringly political, a la Hotlanta and the MLB anna AllStar game.

The cities in contention are Milwaukee, Nashville, Pittsburgh and Salt Lake City,

I vote for Pittsburg.

And this dissatisfaction with the dems and the DNC in particular is only going to help the GOP.

Line up your speaking spots at the convention. boys and girls. It’s gonna be a HOOT!

This seems like the first shot across the bow of the Left for the next two year election season.

Fiscally conservative Republicans? Been a while. Good for them.

Immigration is a bullshit meme issue and the GOP knows it. John Tamny wrote about this years ago in this book:

We need immigrants, period, and the feds could easily have a work visa program expanded. No one will do it, because the big businesses who pay these folks pennies under the table keep making the point that it will crush their industry (profits really though winkwink): Hotels, restaurants, farmers , meat packing plants, et ceterarara.

Some fucking guy wrote on twitter that something should be done? gtfooh. Imma write on twitter that my students have to turn in their assignments or fail the quarter. See how that works.

1 Like

GOP States have begun the retrenchment. Low hanging fruit goes first. buhbye Mrs. Robinson.

Big tent is coming back.

Huh, looks like the new narrative has finally arrived.

I’m for a freedom-of-movement agreement that stretches from Tierra del Fuego to the Aleutian Islands. Anyone with a clean criminal record, the ability to support themselves, and a clean bill of health would be free to live and work anywhere in the Americas they chose to.

Commie. Or is it Elitist these days? One or the other, I suppose. Do we HAVE to work work or just pay our bills relatively on time? I’m thinking it through. :ponder:

I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will live as one
John Lennon ‘was closet conservative and fan of Reagan’ | Daily Mail Online

Pounce!

What a nice smile she has. Oh sh-

delete
:runaway:

Pounced.

Clinton said something similar and it was “democrats want open borders” for the next four years.

Libertarians have always been freedom of movement of educated, skilled, law-abiding human beings. If you can document that you’re one of the above it’s to everyone’s benefit that you’re free to migrate to where the opportunities are. If you can’t document that you are, it’s hasta la vista.

Wow. Noice!