The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

And how Santos can be so easily seen and Bill so invisible during the Me2 movement, is quite telling. Strive for the top where there are no rules.

Biden cheated in law school, repeatedly plagiarized speeches in his 1988 presidential bid, lied to reporters about having 3 degrees in college, lied about his grades in law school etc. Bill Clinton lied under oath and was impeached. Democrats are drunk on sanctimony again but in no position to judge.

Santos is a gift to Democrats (and comedians) like Trump us a gift to Republicans. It will take Republicans 20 years to recover from Trump.

Bill Clinton was revisited, often, during me too. But he was out of office for 16, 17 years when metoo in kicked off? What did you want to see with regards to me too and Bill? I don’t think Bill would be a viable modern Democratic candidate on a national level. More relevant examples might be Katie Hill or Al Franken.

1 Like

Yeah, no. His sexual history is replete with cringe. His connections to Epstein were never fully investigated, but hey you do you. He was a scumbag as Governor in Arkansas and was a world class scumbag as POTUS.

Does “Air-Fuck One” ring a bell? If it doesn’t, read up.

I just searched Bill Clinton Me Too reckoning. Yeah. Again, nah.

images (2)

2 Likes

Beat me to it

He’s no Bill Clinton.

You’re saying Bill Clinton wasn’t revisited during metoo?

Yes. Again, what were you looking for Democrats to do with regards to Bill given he was out of office for a long time at that point?

Yep… Once might suggest that Franken held a safe seat, which is fair, but with Katie Hill, they did lose a toss up seat that she had turned.

But I’m trying to talk about how shitty Santos is and doesn’t look like he’s going to be really pressured to resign by GOP reps (other than a few outliers, and certainly not leadership which has stated it’s up to voters in a couple years) in this GOP representatives thread.

1 Like

I don’t think we need to follow each and every tangent, do we? :laughing:

Would like his VERY OWN thread to keep up on his shenanigans? He’s a sidebar and an empty vote, imo. The MOMENT he doesn’t play GOP ball, he’s gone. Impossible he makes it to the end of his term.

Clinton and metoo is a topic you brought up. :roll_eyes:

Why, when he’s perfectly on topic for this thread?

Unless he’s convicted of something (totally possible), I’d bet dollars to donuts he makes it through.

Yes, to give an example of something, not to rehash everything all over again because you didn’t get enough say once before.

I was of course referring to the dems lack of moral compass, not the MeToo thing. You ignored that part and knee jerked the thread forward twenty posts. lolhaha

To me, that’s being lost in minutia.

Maybe this is why he’s “getting a pass.”

I responded - I don’t think Clinton would be a viable national candidate for the Democrats today, and the Democrats have shown a willingness to boot people. But I struggle with how Clinton was relevant in showing a moral compass, so I asked you what you would have liked to see Democrats do, given how long he’s been out of office - any thoughts there?

How do you demonstrate your moral compass other than what you do?

I don’t need to follow all the turtles all the way down. I trust myself.

We get that, I don’t think anyone on here disagrees.

The reason you are so focused on how shitty he is, is because that’s what the MSM is currently focused on. They are focused on him because they smell blood in the water and are doing their circle jerk and combing though his life and acquaintances trying to find a new story to pile on.

Which is why we got the story about some Gofundme and a dog dispute dating back years ago and centered on the distribution of 3k US$. I tried digging into the details of that but ust lost interest in the back and forth and started to ask myself “who really cares this story?”

But bottom line, Democrats think they can get a seat, or at least paint Republicans as unprincipled by refusing to remove him, so, that’s what it is all about.

Not that they have any principles themselves, has a single Democrat chastised Adam Schiff for pathologically lying to the public for years over Trump Russian collusion? I haven’t seen it.

They are focused on him because his lies are fucked up beyond belief, it’s a great story, new shit keeps coming out, and it’s just fascinating as hell.

I think many care if a member of Congress is a provable fraud and thief.

I don’t think many think he’s resigning, so no, not really. Congresspersons that are kicked out also go to special election, so it’d be up to those in his district who they want; this isn’t an appointable position.

Well, wake me up when they start calling out Adam Schiff for his lying or Biden for lying on the Presidential debate stage and telling everyone that his sons laptop was Russian disinformation. I’m not going to be holding my breath and like I say, too many instances to cite.

But I agree, makes for a pretty good story. All be it a story about a Gofundme and a dog with all of 3kUS$ that happened over a decade ago (if I recall correctly) probably isn’t the most important thing going on in America right now.

go elsewhere with your off topic talk. maybe prune your posts. :wink:

Neither would JFK, or even MLK

They didn’t when he was president

What about whataboutism, indeed. Also, please try not to comment on moderation in the threads (you can flag it as off topic)

Well, MLK certainly wasn’t viable back then either. Reagan might not be a viable Republican today (almost certainly wouldn’t have been in the 2018 cycle in almost any district).

Many certainly did.

1 Like