The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

SSSSHHHHHHH!!!

:shushing_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Well you can always shit in the woods anyway so no need for toilet paper.

1 Like

You’re the 19th person to make that joke.

Only 19, not even trying

Hey, you know what?
@the_bear doesn’t need to worry about toilet paper shortage.
He can shit in the woods anyway!
:rofl:

You guys are a riot.

5 Likes

A piece from a few days investigating toilet paper shortages, and how the bare shelves aren’t necessarily people being stupid: if people are home more, they’re going to need more toilet paper; meanwhile, the uncomfortable scratchy stuff you get in public places and businesses is in less demand.

Not sure how much of this would apply for Taiwan. Our local PXMart now seems to have some TP in stock most of the time, and a sensible limit of one package per customer.

1 Like

A failed attempt to rationalize an irrational herd behavior.
Do you really think people hoarding the TP shelves were thinking that they’ll be home more, so they need more paper? :no_no:

Were there anyone remembering hoarding during the long weekend?

I went to Carrefour and everyone was walking out with their one pack. I think by rationing it, people who wouldn’t buy are, because they can only buy one. How much rubbing alcohol do you need? Yet everyone thinks they need to pick up their one bottle because they can only have one bottle. It’s called soap people…

3 Likes

Should you be in dire need of vast quantities of toilet paper, Costco’s website has some stock of 60(!) packs at the moment, if you’re quick. Use the code “20unsubscribed” at checkout for another 100NT off.

lol. A store near me that appears to stock everything from Costco only has the rolls of TP, not the tissue packets. Unfortunate, as I don’t have a TP roll holder. But not unfortunate, as I don’t need to stock up ;).

No need. Just roll it in your hands.

A Hoarder/Profiteer in Australia couldn’t sell his stash, so took it back and asked for a refund … which was refused!

5 Likes

:australia: :joy:

1 Like

Amazon told investors on Thursday that it has suspended more than 6,000 seller accounts on its platform from around the world for price gouging on essential items during the pandemic.

In his annual letter to shareholders, Bezos said the company has also removed more than 500,000 listings from Amazon’s website for price gouging. And, he said, Amazon has ramped up its reporting of price gougers to the authorities.

:clap:

1 Like

Yeah but Amazon also seems to think it’s employees are single use plastic, so this is hardly worth applauding…

1 Like

One thing done right does not make the wrongs go away, but it still can be acknowledged.
I’m not a big fan of Bezos either.

2 Likes