The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

Guess it’s time to wave the white flag.

Shit at the office.

…but don’t bears shit in the woods?

2 Likes

I shit in the woods at the weekend, the office Monday to Friday.

Wait…your office isn’t in the woods?

I’m so confuseddddd

Minsheng E. Rd, Sec. 3 may not be downtown Manhattan but its a long way from the woods.

What’s your secret? Do you shit in the woods like all the other bears?

EDIT: Ugh, I’m too fucking slow as usual :disappointed:

:tumble:

My mistake. It says that you’re regular.

2 Likes

:tumble::tumble:

RT mart have netted themselves a fine of 3.5 million NT for their part in The Great Run, others to follow! https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3383067

I’m not trying to sound rude here but aren’t you Spanish?

I find the situation amusing. Especially with the lines of iPhone zombies. That’s just brilliant. :rofl:

But I get a good chuckle from the Taiwanese psyche talk and the low salary argument as well. As if the wealth situation was worse here than elsewhere or that it used to be better or that it was third world level low. I’m not saying there isn’t a cheap mentality, but you’d have to be pretty foolish to think that panic purchase only happens here. Proof:

I mean these are the chic people, who are supposed to make what you guys call good salaries (though actually not that good either because taxes) … unless to you a discount panic is not as bad as a price-hike panic?

:rofl:

1 Like

OMG! Just shows how easy it is to manipulate people.

Idk where you got that funny idea from, but I would like you to refer to me as Taiwanese, thanks. Not sure what you mean though. AFAIK in Spain wealth was better distributed than in Taiwan, with the crisis some new employees (especially not qualified ones) and unemployed people are fucked up, but at least you don’t pay 2 euros for 2 ball peppers like in Taiwan. But well, cost of life is distributed in a different way.

Not sure if I follow you, but yeah the whole thing was amusing. I hope the poor bastards have enough space at home for the stock of toilet paper they acquired, but considering that many people here don’t have space at home for their own shoes and these end up outside their homes…

Don’t chuckle too fast! it is indeed very “rooted” in TW culture. TW has suffered an incredible (and good) industrial revolution but not that long time ago, and many people still live in a miserable way for Western standards. You can see and feel the legacy of the years of hunger.

I know what you mean, and yeah, I guess it can happen anywhere else. But here there’s a strong tendency to do this sort of stuff (not panic buying but to make sure you save those 10 NT’s before the price goes up!)

You seem an educated, cultivated and refined young lady. I have something for sale that can help you to keep learning the important things of life, send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers.

1 Like

Really? 'K sorry. I just remembered someone named Jesus from Spain.

That’s quite gross. And I’m a guy.

My point here is that some of you guys are making this incident into something a lot bigger than it is. The truth is panic buying happens everywhere.

Then we can pretend that part of the conversation never happened.

Do we have to? It’s kind of the best part.

20180317_212735

Still not back to normal at the local PX MART. My favorite brand is MIA.

1 Like

Kleenex Brand (purple wrapping with the playful puppy) is fine for my sensitive bum. After being gone for a week, they’re back in stock with a vengeance.

If PX MART can’t get their (heh) shit together weeks after almost every other major chain has recovered, then I’d suggest going elsewhere for your TP needs (and trying a different brand).