The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

Isn’t it obvious! Toilet paper mafia

You’d think it was black friday and tv’s were 90% off the way they went at that pallet of tp.

My friend just now Lined me this photo of the tp aisle at our Carrefour. Crazy.493773

2 Likes

These people are literally full of shit.
If they read the newspaper, they new what to do when the toilet paper runs out, but you can’t wipe with an I-Phone, or can you?

You can swipe but not wipe.

1 Like

Well you could.

1 Like

Was in Costco earlier and the guy putting back the returned items was pushing a trolley with 2 big packs of either toilet rolls or kitchen rolls that someone had returned…there was a pack of Hyenas forming behind him, unfortunately I didn’t get to see the end result, I’m sure it wasn’t pretty!

A TP rush caused by an overreaction to a small price hike has now created an actual TP shortage.

They’ve turned a fake TP crisis into a REAL TP crisis. Idiots… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Not only a TP crisis but an online shopping delivery crisis! There’s so much bulky TP packages being delivered that’s it’s impacting courier deliveries from all the major websites.

2 Likes

6 Likes

The fact that the locals have manufactured a toilet paper crisis says a lot about them; the fact that we are so obsessed with this phenomenon says a lot about us.

4 Likes

If it were a shortage of something else… like clothes hangers… I doubt this thread would have so many replies. But an impending TP shortage hits all the right notes… it’s simultaneously funny and frightening.

I was thinking more of the Western aversion to/fascination with bodily functions.

Now that is a cover story picture. Should become viral.

If that pair cut back a little on their TP consumption, they would probably be able to afford a car to transport their TP in.

Dunno. During the civil war, the US closed exports to our country. It is scary when the shelves look like that and there is really nothing to buy. I remember mostly affected at that time was cooking oil. We had coconut oil for backup in the countryside but people in the cities were in a tight spot. I remember they sending the kids to stand in line at the government warehouse stores, only ones where the dripping amount of oil was distributed.

I look at those empty bins and think of the people in Venezuela. They literally have no paper of any kind at all.

Not mine though, from another international article of shame for Taiwan…https://www.buzzfeed.com/kassycho/taiwan-toilet-paper-crisis-2018?utm_term=.pfMqKrPE6#.emNpdYPMg

Whole thing is completely nuts, online deliveries are all delayed due to this stupidity. How long will it take this family to get through all of this?!

I had a dream last night . Mazu appeared to me and advised me that it was “lucky” to wipe your ass with fake money, instead of burning the money in the street.
Please spread it around…

3 Likes

I wonder if PC Home are going to honor their 24 hours delivery or 100NT refund? Going to cost them a pretty penny if they do. I have a delivery (not TP!) that was scheduled to arrive at 1.30 this afternoon, hasn’t even left their warehouse yet.

1 Like

Answer my own question, they just applied 100NT credit due to the tardiness, this is going to cost them big time. Might be a good time to order more stuff though!