The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

When will the Toilet Paper Riots start?

Pokemon at least you can say it is enjoyable. It keeps people busy… and outside.

the piece I linked to deals with the hardships of delivery companies. The shame of buying so much TP … and having nowhere to store it… the realization of how ridiculous this whole affair is… the feeling of impotence when teh price rises so much -almost double it says there- and people are at the mercy of conglomerates.

Weird thing though…
The word on the street is that many stores are planning on offering special discounts after the price hike, like buy on get one half off, etc.
So what was the point?

Ill buy low and invest when the price drops. The TP index is too high right now.

5 Likes

Yeah but what disturbed me is that it was zombie nation. There was zero fun being had. These were just people without the ability to find their own fun, walking aimlessly staring at a phone screen. Meanwhile trees all around them were calling out to be climbed…

Most people playing are 60 year olds who climbed trees in their youth and now can barely climb stairs.

Heck, the youngster drive their scooters to catch Pokemons!

1 Like

Yes, we’re definitely in bubble territory. Buy low, wipe high I always say.

1 Like

When the price drops I might splurge and upgrade to a more Premium TP, maybe Charmin. No more Welcome Branded TP.

If you time the market right, you may be able to double your ply. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No more stealing TP from Public bathrooms also

When I went to 三商巧福 a couple of days ago to get my beef noodle fix I saw an aunty steal all the paper napkins. As one of my local friends commented, Taiwan feels really Chinese these days.

1 Like

Soon theyll start charging for napkins, no more free napkins…

I should burn toilet paper instead of ghost money because it has such a great value now. Budda will be pleased.

Really want to see the faces of Taiwanese watching me do it.

1 Like

I’m wondering, did Taiwanese go to Costco to steal napkins from the food court?

oh hell yea, at the Neihu Costco I see it all the time.
No one needs that many Napkins for a pizza

I mean moreso than usual during the tp apocalypse.

Napkins? Why steal napkins when it’s all you can eat on garnishes for the hot dogs.

Cause you’ll need to wipe your face after you gorge on all that free food?

1 Like

I have extra that I loaded up before the great TPocalypse. :wink:

I’ll be the guy on the side laughing at the bum rush towards the napkin dispensers…enjoying the mountain of onions on my hot dog.

Quite literally.