The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

You may just deserve an “honorary amah” badge for this.

One thing as well. I bet the average Taipei apartment doesnt have that much room for stockpiling a years worth of paper. Can see it being stored in living rooms and generally impairing quality of life. But who cares for a few hundred Taiwan dollars

Question:

I am not so worried about TP - it is a staple, there has to be some somewhere, somehow. But my Bounty kitchen towels are imported from the US. If the price is doubles, I ain’t gonna pay 1600 ntd for some paper towels! And no, local stuff is not suitable, it breaks up on contact.

The Quicker Piicker Uppeeer…Bounnntyyy

At least we didn’t have to wipe with these like people used to. I dont understand how the Cermanic shards would work.

Wait…there was no question in that post.

1 Like

Implied question was whether really Bounty as imported paper product would have a 100% increase in price.

Some of the tissue paper was contaminated with a fungus that causes itchy ass syndrome.
Did anyone hear about this news?

Another Mr. Conf’s observation of wild-life, about his most favored student. The original verse is “賢哉!回也。一簞食,一瓢飲,在陋巷,人不堪其憂,回也不改其樂。賢哉!回也。”

The toilet paper version is “Alas! Yan-hui (顏回) uses only one piece over a shabby dunk valley. While that bothers everyone else greatly, alas! Hui still enjoy his life happily. He is the man!”

Professionals in Taiwan’s psychiatric community weigh in on recent developments:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2018/03/03/2003688606

Guy

Haven’t heard or read anything about fungus, but that would be most unfortunate.

I noticed at our local PX Mart, where I was hoping to buy some TP now that the craze is apparently over, that all TP brands other than Kleenex have disappeared from the shelves. Curious and curiouser…

I wasn’t joking!
People are already standing in line in front of the return counter at Costco.

Huh…

Supermarkets seem to have discounted TP to pre-price rise prices. Which makes last week even more retarded.

2 Likes

My local Welcome is fully stocked with TP and at reduced prices. Lot of people saving up for future Deuces…

1 Like

I was at Neihu Costco on Saturday at around 2PM and they JUST restocked the purple labeled Kleenex when I walked over there. They are still limiting it to 2 per person and have employees there to delegate.

We walked around for 20-25 minutes afterwards and every other cart at check out had at least one of those Kleenex.

Jump forward 24 hours and I was at Carrefour Minsheng community store buying eggs and the tp/napkin section…EMPTY.

The Great Run continues…

I was at the Hsinchu Costco twice over the weekend, and both times at checkout it seemed that nearly every cart had at least 1 package of TP.

I was actually near the TP area on Saturday, but it looked normal (ie, not depleted nor was there any real rush, also didn’t notice any Costco employees there - but didn’t look carefully).

Conflicting evidence in Hsinchu.

You’re crazy!!
:runaway:

4 Likes

Prices haven’t risen yet.

Something very odd is happening. Some kind of major market manipulation probably. No doubt the KMT is involved.

1 Like