The Great Run On Toilet Paper 2018 & 2020 & 2021 & 2022!?

Surprisingly, it was pretty quiet. The worst I’ve ever experienced was a month ago, Friday evening a week before CNY. That…was pure mayhem.

This past Saturday, morning rush people have gone home (or are having lunch in the food court area) and people coming after lunch hadn’t arrived just yet.

Gf and I have braved the morning crowds and came late in the afternoon on Saturdays. We’ve found that coming at noon it’s a bit less people.

Question: how about the other brands?

I find it really curious that Kleenex is fully available…but not the rest, as far as my eyeglasses that I may need to change can tell.

I don’t think Kleenex is that cheap compared to other brands. When your goal is to save NT$20 on toilet tissue, I don’t think Kleenex is going to be your go-to purchase.

These were the ones I saw in stock. Nonetheless, online price is about 400NT more expensive than the in-store price.

Don’t quote me on this, but it seems like the cheaper brands tend to sell out quicker. I overheard another shopper asked when rolls would be in stock and/or Kirkland brand. The employee told them that they weren’t sure, but they do get shipments everyday, so they told the shopper to come back tomorrow to check.

I checked my supplies over the weekends, as I couldn’t find the brand I like. I have one unopened small 12 pack and I just started a new pack. Hope it lasts me until the madness is over.

Gee, 60 pack… I stopped buying Costco size TP since Bobby tore into the package. My fault since I couln’t store it anywhere. Too big. Sowhere , there are families storing TP in unimaginable unimagined ways.

Yeah, gf and I bought those purple packaged Kleenex and at the rate we’re going…it seems like a 600NT investment for the year. Been 5 months since we bought them and aren’t even halfway through.

We both weren’t phased by The Great Run.

Every brand RT Mart carry seemed to be available over the weekend, shelves full and aisles blocked with extra stock on the floor, didn’t see any run on it.

PX Mart Xindian and downtown Taipei was clean of anything but Kleenex. Must check others.

I feel like that is just gana spray shit everywhere

Why? Should be just like a regular bidet.

Saw somebody selling this on a FB page, thought it was fitting for this thread.

P.S. What is a “gana”?

gana gonna

Water spraying into your arsehole is just a bad idea.

Locals made video on this madness about tp https://youtu.be/H24598eQaSM

6 Likes

Claw for it!

Screenshot_20180308-205303

3 Likes

Something more salty and viscous, perhaps?

Salt water taffy?

1 Like

That was so good. Very creative…And sharply critical.

So now that it seems that the crisis has mostly passed, while this was happening was there anyone here who actually ran out of TP and couldn’t get more?

1 Like

I doubt it, it would have been all over the news. Big headlines. Imagine the horror of taking a deuce and no TP… A national crisis

I literally have had the same three rolls of TP in my house from the beginning of the crisis to now.

Constipated?