The Hall of Shame

Suspended, not banned. Geezer hasn’t got a banning in him. LotusBlossom is the last one to achieve the golden fuck off from this site I think.

[quote=“Baloo”] Some things are worth being banned for.[/quote]You can look at it that way for a while, but later on you often change your mind. A suspension is not to be taken lightly. You’ve been bad, son. You did something REALLY wrong and now you need to do some soul searching. Only you can help yourself. Find peace in your heart. Look deep, deep in there and you’ll find that flame of youthful enthusiasm. It will fuel your new life and solidify your redemption. It will make you see things that you did not even know were right there in front of you the whole time. You will become a stronger and more balanced individual who one day will think back about this suspension and say: “Jesus F****** Christ, WTF was that deranged fuckwit mouthing off about.

marboulette

I spent a moment or two wondering whether that was the case.

Well, he’d get banned again, wouldn’t he? :laughing:

What would a real Hall of Shame be like? Not one just about Forumosa. I bet you would have to take your pants off before you went in.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote]
Is it consistent? You can judge for yourself. Is it perfect? No, but that’s probably too much to ask of a site run by admins as a hobby and staffed by many volunteer mods. Does the overall system work fairly well? I personally think so.[/quote]

You’re biased. It’s a car crash. But that’s why I’ve always like it.[/quote]

If you assume I think it’s consistent, you’re waaaay off the mark.

You’re asking me? I doubt you really care what I think. Nor does it really matter.

I’m guessing some guys would have to put their pants ON.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]
You’re asking me? I doubt you really care what I think. Nor does it really matter.[/quote]

Of course not! :laughing: Sorry, I quoted your post in the comment above that. It was an open question. I already know the answers.

I was responding to the above statement with my opinion. Does it ‘work’? Well, it depends what its aims are: better that taiwanho, I guess, but still ‘no’. It’s a globby, pointless mess; but that’s why people come, I guess, because they’ll find something funny or interesting. So maybe it does ‘work’: just not in the ways the modmins want it to.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]And I can make anti-cooking remarks in the food forum.

Why is Screaming Jesus still suspended? Has he not repented?[/quote]He was suspended from a cross. And he’s been gone more than 3 days…

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]And I can make anti-cooking remarks in the food forum.

Why is Screaming Jesus still suspended? Has he not repented?[/quote]He was suspended from a cross. And he’s been gone more than 3 days…[/quote]

Atheists win again.

Wow, I didn’t know suspensions were so frequent on Forumosa. But I think it’s good to have some sort of restraint/boundaries so everyone can play nice together.

It kind of reminds me of middle school. I was suspended once in 7th grade for trunking a kid during math class. Kyle was impersonating the famous rapper du jour, Snow, and had his tinted glasses resting on his nose and oversized jeans sagging down below his waist. So I went up and pulled down his pants a la Harlem Globetrotters and he was standing there in his boxers.

Mrs. Miller wasn’t even in the room but the little b*tch Leah B. told on me anyway.

But it was a BIG deal at the time and Principal Goodrich introduced me to the term “sexual harassment”.

WhatEVER.

Yes they are handing out Red Cards right and left now. I see that the chief just got sent off the field as well.

not saying he didnt deserve it, whatever it was he did

There’s this guy surly who has been suspended for months now. I thought suspensions were two weeks. Looks like he’s been banned more than suspended. And then there’s Deuce Drooper who shows as being suspended, but he’s posting. Maybe it’s just his avatar?

Both the chief and sandman suspended at once… It’s official, Maoman is cracking down on The Rude Boys. :laughing:

marboulette

I guess that in any pack of yelping baboons it’s in the interest of social harmony to know who the biggest, meanest, stinkiest, most red-assed baboon is!

These are some of the treasures that have been stored up in the flame forum, just to give you an idea of what you don’t see on a daily basis, and the reason we have suspensions:

[quote]What a cunt!
Fucking unnamed poster
Fuckhead unnamed poster is a fuckhead
Hey, piñata head
Dumbass, asshole
dumbass asshole Ignorant fucking arsehole Retard semen-stained
condescending asshole
u r fucked up
fucking inbreds
fuck you, you spineless imperialistic forum-nazis
you assclown
contemptible idiot
Fuck you and your Canadian ass
Please fuck the fuck off
complete fucking dickhead
What a dumb prick you are.
Has anyone told you to fuck off yet?
bitter, loudmouthed arsehole
pederast
mud people and their natural capacity for picking cotton
You vainglorious turd! … you pathetic puerile prat
thin-skinned, insecure, self-absorbed, ungrateful, narcissistically sensitive whiner
gaping anal apertures
Loser. Get the fuck out of there
Go fuck yourself
your little weasel ass
I think you suck dog cock!
you are a dickless moron
I always clean my shithole with Taiwanese people’s faces!
go and stick a carrot up your a***[/quote]
Not all of these resulted in a suspension. I try to look at the circumstances of the post, the familiarity of the poster with Forumosa, and the intentions of the poster. I try to be consistent, but I don’t always succeed. It’s not an easy task, especially when I know so many of the regular posters on Forumosa, but it’s important to me that this site remain a friendly place, and content like the above detracts from that. I believe that personal attacks make the site worse, and I don’t think we should start justifying our own personal attacks just because we feel they’re “deserved” because it’s likely that all people making personal attacks think that they are deserved, right?

I try to keep in mind Postel’s Law: “Be conservative in what you do; be liberal in what you accept from others.”

…there’s always a loner perched in a neighboring tree playing with himself.

[quote=“Maoman”][quote]What a cunt!
Fucking unnamed poster
Fuckhead unnamed poster is a fuckhead
Hey, piñata head
Dumbass, asshole
dumbass asshole Ignorant fucking arsehole Retard semen-stained
condescending asshole
u r fucked up
fucking inbreds
fuck you, you spineless imperialistic forum-nazis
you assclown
contemptible idiot
Fuck you and your Canadian ass
Please fuck the fuck off
complete fucking dickhead
What a dumb prick you are.
Has anyone told you to fuck off yet?
bitter, loudmouthed arsehole
pederast
mud people and their natural capacity for picking cotton
You vainglorious turd! … you pathetic puerile prat
thin-skinned, insecure, self-absorbed, ungrateful, narcissistically sensitive whiner
gaping anal apertures
Loser. Get the fuck out of there
Go fuck yourself
your little weasel ass
I think you suck dog cock!
you are a dickless moron
I always clean my shithole with Taiwanese people’s faces!
go and stick a carrot up your a***[/quote][/quote]Look, I was in a bad mood when I wrote that post, but I still say he deserved it.

Good name for a music band. :discodance:

@ maoman

Just saw your post.

Some classic gems in there for sure! :smiley:

Good name for a music band. :discodance:[/quote]

I prefer “gaping anal apertures”.

I agree, rocky, there are some gems in there. In fact, Maoman’s whole post is a beautiful poem.