The Harvey Weinstein Scandal

as bad as him? Career could be as important as life, sometimes. When they are forced to choose accepting to keep their career or rejecting to their career, you blame those who accept for career?

It’s always been that way. Harvey is just the latest poster boy.

It’s pretty hilarious that the rightists are using this to attack the ones who don’t buy their rhetorics when Trump himself was also very much in Weinstein’s circle. A simple Google search generates them posing together in a picture. Have people forgotten about his “YOU’RE FIRED” reality tv show?

He was Hollywood. He even presented at the Golden Globes once. The finger-pointing won’t fool anyone.

In any case, this turns out to be illegal.

Well, they made a choice and they need to own it. No one forced them to have a sweaty Weinstein going up and down on them, they decided that becoming successful millionaire actresses was more important for them.

Just to be clear, I’m in no way advocating for Weinstein, but it’s hard for me to sympathize with a bunch of millionaire actresses whose careers were kickstarted by Weinstein after they decided to let him do with their bodies whatever he wanted.

1 Like

I didn’t think that “posing together in a picture” meant “to be within the same circle”.

Good to know, it will come in handy in the future.

So was Hillary…and the Obamas. Your point?

They were probably never BFFs per se, but everybody knows that Trump was a reality tv star. It’s true that Hollywood is hypocritical and full of filth, everybody knows that, but it’d be pretty laughable to exclude Trump as he was also in it for quite a long time.

Who’s moralizing now?

Think about it: you hear a nasty rumor about one of the most powerful people in Hollywood, yet you aren’t directly affected and have no evidence. What do you expect to happen if you speak out?

Actually he is accused of raping four women.
You do understand that means he forced them right?

He molested countless others. There can be no excuses.

1 Like

I know, I can sympathize with them, but the amount of actresses who admitted getting laid with him for fame is much higher.

Not moralizing, just enjoying the hypocrisy. I’m actually a Jane Fonda fan. That latest face lift is just amazing.

I don’t really understand , as if that mitigates him abusing possibly hundreds of women!?

It doesn’t, they’re just different issues.

So, why conflate then?

conflating what ?_? i’m keeping the issues separate because they’re different both from a legal and (to my eyes) moral point of view. One is consensual, one is not, so when addressing the fact that I don’t feel much sympathy for women who agreed to have sex with him, I’m in no way expressing the same thing over his alleged rapes.

I think it’s muddying the waters.

Strip that out and leave to one side . The guy is a real scumbag and should go to jail for a longtime .

Hopefully they’ll throw him in jail and lose the key. His lawyers will probably play the:“HE’S SICK, HE NEEDS HELP” card, and I hope that when that fails he’ll not do the Polanski Runaway.

I feel much sympathy for women who agreed to have sex with him under the situation otherwise losing their careers.

I feel sympathy for anybody who had to see that sweaty brute naked…including his wife.