The Harvey Weinstein Scandal

*Careers. Carriers is a bit confusing.

True. Poor Georgina. They even have kids together.

Wait, does it meanā€¦in order to let her inā€¦well, fuck

oops, thanks! corrected them.

That makes it sound as if every single successful actress in Hollywood had to get laid with Weinstein to be an actress. I think thatā€™s not even close to the truth, and Iā€™m sure there are plenty of successful actresses who based their career on merit.
Also, I even doubt that not getting laid with Weinstein would have meant the end of a career; it would have more likely meant giving up an opportunity for a role. His cock was basically a dirty and sweaty shortcut for lead roles in high-grossing movies that some actresses used to become rich and famous.
Again, very hard to sympathize with them.

And for clarity, Iā€™m only referring about those who had consensual sex with him.

I still see those women as a kind of victims of the structure of film industry.

1 Like

Iā€™ve worked in geeky engineering environments for the past 30 years. Fortunately, Iā€™ve only encountered this creepy behavior once. There are many good men out there who remember that women are mothers, daughters, and sisters. Iā€™ve even had bosses who were clear that they didnā€™t support bad behavior and to come forward anytime.

The one creep that I ran into was my boss for a short time. I started a new job and he was an equal opportunity slimer. Everyone in the office knew and joked about it. He was the kind of guy that they make harassment training videos about because heā€™d make it clear privately that if you cooperate that the ā€œskyā€™s the limitā€. He knew there was a line that was being crossed and was very careful. I wasnā€™t afraid of him but more afraid that I might have a violent reaction to his advances. I was looking for another job. He followed another lady home and got fired over that one. His boss called all of us in one by one and asked us why we didnā€™t come forward. The reason that was in context his words were creepy but out of context, it didnā€™t sound bad. It was my word against his and I had just been there for a week.

Anytime you hold someoneā€™s livelihood above them, itā€™s abuse. Even if they ā€œconsentā€.

4 Likes

At least Hillary is making a clean break with her old buddy Harvey.

5 Likes

Another funny Harvey and Hillary cartoon. I thought Harvey looked familiar, and now I know whyā€¦

1 Like

Hollywood pedo expose documentary here:
Filmmaker could not get distribution.

https://vimeo.com/142444429

1 Like

What about Washington and the election of a man who brags about using his power to make advances, unwanted and otherwise, onto women and watching teenage girls change clothes?

1 Like

You mean Bill Clinton? Thatā€™s ancient history, man. :wink:

2 Likes

I see the me too hashtag everywhere now. Iā€™m down with it but the feminazi was basically using it demonize men.

1 Like

Uh, no.

Right, so, remember everyone, if you hear a nasty rumor about a rich & powerful person, get yourself sued for defamation ASAP! If you wait until itā€™s safe to talk about it, you will be a Class 1 Hypocrite on the Milker Scale. :wall:

As an elder stateswoman of the Hollywood feminist pantheon, she could have done a lot more than keep her mouth shut without any risk of a lawsuit. She could have played a leadership role and rallied Weinsteinā€™s victims to speak out and bring him to justice.

You know, show she has some cojones, like she did back in her radical days. You didnā€™t see her worrying about lawsuits when she was providing succor to the enemy in Hanoiā€¦and that was a capital offense.

Ah, so, what youā€™re really upset about is Vietnam. In that case I have no further comment. :bowing:

Iā€™m not upset about anything, except for the fact that the roast is too dark on the Colombian beans I just bought. You have a special talent for missing the point. Maybe itā€™s time to consult your muse. Not even discobot can help if you donā€™t ask the right questions though.

Bonus points: Women are human people, too!

Just read these, got me to reflect a bit. You should, too:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sexual-assault-daughters-hollywood_us_59de298fe4b0b26332e86301

#FoodForThought

4 Likes

How do you say projection in Cowspeak? @discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change. ā€” Buddha

1 Like