The Harvey Weinstein Scandal

Looks like poor Harvey isn’t taking too well to sex therapy.

Could be worse, Harv…

(audio :nsfw:)

1 Like

Well at least it’s not a story about how he assaulted the rehab psychiatrists or other rehab members.

Give him a few more weeks. On the other hand, it’s supposed to be a residential program, and he’s breaking the rules and staying at a hotel. Who knows what’s going on there? I think his definition of “consensual” is a little different than everyone else’s.

This is not a leftist problem. This is a societal problem. Lest you have forgotten, your current occupier of the WH is on record to admitting to forcing himself onto women, and bragging about that, and also bragging about getting to watch teenaged girls undress. Lets not forget him mentioning he would sleep with his daughter. Come on.

About the only difference here is what his name has better lawyers and bullet-proof payoffs.

I love when rightwingers try to take the moral high ground. They are so blinded by their din that they ignore, willingly, their own wolves among their flock.

Any actual evidence if this? I’d like to see it.

I’m pretty sure he’s settled against cases against him. Maybe payoff is a strong word. And it doesn’t mean he’s guilty as he’s not proven guilty. But it doesn’t look good for sure.

So you’re, what, sticking up for Harvey???

Any sources? I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I haven’t seen any hard evidence.

No, I’ve heard the police tape where he admits to groping.

Part of settlement agreement is that the accuser can’t ever talk about it and the lawsuit goes away so outside of real journalistic digging it’s part why it’s hard to provide clear evidence. I believe Harvey settled many times. But all of it is only coming to light now.

I don’t see anyone defending Trump over allegations and comments he made about groping or spousal rape. I have spoken out about those in previous threads too.

Now your posts in this thread seem to be exclusively be about Trump. Are we to take it you care in the slightest about the actual offence taking place, the accusations of rape, using a position of power to coerce a young vulnerable person into carry out acts that will likely traumatize them for years to come.

Or as I suspect your only reason for posting again and again regarding Trumps alleged victims of assault is to trash Trump.

Tell you what, link me to a post where you have shown disgust at Bill Clinton because of the number of women who have made sexual assault and rape claims against him. If you can, I will call you fair and objective.

If not, I think that goes a long way to showing you are exactly the thing you claim of the right wing posters on here of being.

1 Like

Interesting, but no evidence and no payoff. And like Mick said, when allegations like this come out right at election time and disappear immediately afterward, they’re worth taking with a grain of salt.

But I feel like you’re making it leftist or rightist or whatever political affiliation. I get you’re point in trump. It’s been made and I don’t think many of us would deny trumps questionable character. I’m with you on that. I’m pretty disgusted with him as a person as well.

However I think you made your point. And that now it’s distracting from the point.

1 Like

What counts as evidence for you? First hand account of the lawsuit is not?

I believe settlements are usually sealed court documents and settlements usually are undeclosed and come with the requirement both parties to never talk about it.

The lawsuit was dropped, and there was no settlement made. Settlement amounts may be undisclosed, but not the fact that a settlement was made.

I’m no lawyer but I believe you can get the party to drop the lawsuit and give an undisclosed amount outside of court? I’m not saying he did it and I’m not going to dig. But the amount of accusations are alarming and it doesn’t help that he openly boasted about doing it, even if it’s in a private conversation.

I am saying it is not a women or men thing. It is a power thing, and as long as there is a distinct power structure in professions such as politics, movie making, song recording etc., there will be such shenanigans.

I am also saying, increasingly these days, women are the perpetrators because of more equal representation in the workplace.

So I think many posters on here, crying crocodile tears, are treating women like medieval damsels in distress. They are treating women like the Taliban.

Get it?

Be that as it may, he was solely an example. Purely arbitrary. I could have easily pointed out any other right individual or group. My point was to attack the idea that the right has made that this is a dem problem, and how those who align with him and the right are ignoring their own place in this overall issue.

Your wording is as loaded as you accuse mine of being. In a way, you made my point.

That others have commented about him is fine, but it does not take away from the overall issue.

Out of court settlements will usually come with a non-disclosure agreement. That settlements are not announced, doesn’t really mean anything. Unless a case is specifically tossed by the courts, sometimes for lack of evidence or a witness who will not cooperate, an agreement will have to have been made. Or someone just gave up.