The Hatred of President Obama by Con/Right

Well, the older I get the more isolationist I get, and the way I feel right now, I don’t think I would mind too much if the U.S. withdrew from all of its current predicaments.

About five years before I was born, the State of Israel came into existence in Palestine (former British Mandate, and before that, part of the Ottoman Empire). I was born less than two months after the end of the war in Korea (former Japanese colony). At the outset of that war, the U.S. committed itself to protect the ROC on Taiwan (former Japanese colony). When I was in elementary school, my country sent first advisers then regular combat troops to Vietnam (former French colony). In my late 20s, the U.S. sent troops to Lebanon (former French Mandate, and before that, part of the Ottoman Empire). In my thirties, the U.S. sent troops to Kuwait (for many years a sort of British protectorate de facto, and before that, Subprovince in the Ottoman Empire) and Iraq (former British Mandate, and before that, Province of the Ottoman Empire). And now, in addition to being once again involved in Iraq, we have troops in combat in Afghanistan, a country that was once fought over by the Russian and British empires.

My country somehow keeps wandering into the haunted ruins of empires and getting lost among the ghosts and demons there.