The Horror In The World

I would usually say “go for a good hike”, but you might not appreciate that at the moment. Fitness does make one more positive. Anyway, focus narrowly on things that interest you, hobbies-like making models or cooking for friends, on appreciating your friends and family and making a good impact at work. Decrease following the news, and read more nice books. Also, check out some night markets you haven’t been to for a while-go for a long walk home-but again, given your unfortunate toe, this may have to wait.

zender is spot on, so’s Kea and the Ginger-sage.
In the meantime:
Chill to a few more tunes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KgH-ENzo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE&feature=related

and thisssssssss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-UezRhots

What is order in this thread is some of Victoria B.C.'s own NoMeansNo:

Especially this one:
“This is a song about misery…”

Wookie: Ginger-sage?
Surely you jest!
More like cilantro, if you ask me… :whistle:

Prescription: watch this every day, it’ll bring a smile to your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNuUgbUzM8U&ob=av2e

So we’ve all just got to smile, turn the other cheek and get on with it, eh? Live and let live and all that shit? Let’s just be nice. Forget the pain and horror. Apathy. :bravo:

nope. You can make a HUGE difference. neuter strays. This Thursday 3 strays from a pack up here are getting spayed. That is preventing 30 dogs this year. Like, right now I am helping that mom with her pups. She has 11. Maybe 4 of the females will make it to breeding age…that’s 40 dogs. Times 4, times 4 times 4…

pick them up in a van. Take them to a vet. It’s free at some places , other places under NT2000 to spay them…and give them shots, get one ear snipped so the dog catchers leave them alone.

release them back and go back to give them medicine. Repeat.:slight_smile:

So go get a cape, or join church.

oh. And photo copy a photo of a dog in a gin trap and stick it on the back of your helmet with contact paper. It’s still legal to sell it (not legal to set it…psycho rules) if more people become aware, maybe more people will say something.

or stick a picture with a rabbit with bleeding eyes on one half of the helmet…and the brand names that do animal testing …and on the other half, a happy rabbit with all the products that do no animal testing.

little things can plant seeds in people’s brains to just make them more aware.

Said the naked man as he swam through the flowers.

JimiP, you will always carry the images with you. They are part of you now. But they will eventually be less jarring. I used to be witness to some terrible things and the way I was able to cope was to transfer that negative feeling to something more positive. Whenever I lift weights I think about negative things and use that anger to push up the weights. Try to find an outlet for those feelings. Use them to alter some difficult task in your life; to give you fire. It doesn’t always work, but it helps.

How about writing it out, jimi, or painting it out, or by working through some other artisitic outlet? I’m reminded of Goya’s ‘Black Paintings’, also of a Chilean friend whose extended family and their friends came to a sad demise during the Pinochet years. Brush, canvas and oils helped her through some tough times.

You could set up your own little kingdom in Sanchong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NwvO1UxN8&feature=related

Have you ever read Seventh Son by Orson Scott Card?
I read it when I was a kid and have never forgotten one of the scenes in the book. Basically the main character has a special gift- he can see evil, which the book calls “The Unmaker” (obvious allegory for evil or satan but whatever) and every time this kid sees the unmaker he responds by making something, and that pushes the evil back to where he can’t see it anymore. Ever since I read that I’ve used it as my way of coping when I see shitty stuff in the world. If you see animal abuse, donate 300nt to an animal shelter. If you see someone treat another person like crap, treat the next person you meet really nice. If you see someone litter on the beach, go grab their trash, run after them and hand it back to them “Hey, you dropped this!” people here love it when you do that… If you hear about an earthquake or flood, donate to a good charity for it.
I guess if you run out of money to donate, close your eyes. I seriously don’t believe in loading myself up with negative images unless I can do something about it. There’s no use in feeling sadness or guilt if it doesn’t bring about better things in the future.

Anyways I hear you on the animal thing that’s why I’ve been drowning in strays since I got here :wink:

:thumbsup: Or writing a song!

I shed a tear knowing someone else was shedding a tear for the same reasons. I feel your pain. I also find it very difficult seperating myself from all the shit in this world. It is at times very difficult turning off that switch so that other challanges can be persued and finer things in life enjoyed. Sometimes drinking to forget at times just amplifies negative thoughts and one gets even more angry and depressed. I feel you are a very careing person and that is what this world needs more of. Maybe not everyone understands what you are going through but I see you have a lot of support and that is priceless. Maybe go out with some friends and have a few laughs.

Folker out

In the cold light of day I realize that my rantings were somewhat inappropriate. I would like to extend my utmost gratitude to you dear friends who have empathized with me through this trying time. I do sincerely regret laying my personal crap on you fine people. Jimi sends big love your way. :bow:

Now I’m waiting for the chief to cheer me up with some snarkiness.

A true classic!

Worry not, jimi. You’re with the good guys… :wink:

PS: I’m pretty bummed out with humanity, as well. It seems the world has become a horrible place for a majority of habitants. A minority enjoys the wealth all the while killing one another. It makes me sad, too.

[quote=“RobinTaiwan”]Worry not, jimi. You’re with the good guys… :wink:

PS: I’m pretty bummed out with humanity, as well. It seems the world has become a horrible place for a majority of habitants. A minority enjoys the wealth all the while killing one another. It makes me sad, too.[/quote]
That’s depressing. On the other hand, when has it not been that way??? The nobility exploiting the masses, people flogging horses, mules, camels, elephants pulling timber, beatings, circus’, sale of humans, parents torturing their offspring, teachers abusing their position, people advertising their generosity and magnanimity for personal gains, misuse of power, treachery, innocents being slain, slave labour, child labour, begging, prostitution, nothing is new. It’s all been there, always, maybe worse. Yet we thrive and hope for the better! Jia You!