The House, The Senate, and the Judiciary too

Wrong. That was me. I’m inclined to simply bin trolling posts, but then posters get up in arms about the heavy hand of censorship.

Someone complained about part of Chewy’s post. The OTT portion was removed.
Your “entire post” consisted entirely of a personal attack. Hard to do a line item deletion in such a case.

:bow:

It depends. Do you know what the word “trend” means?[/quote]

A general tendency or direction. Trend or pattern is an acceptable word usage in this context is it not? Since with long term Democratic control of a city [Chicago and New Orleans come to mind), we often see such endemic corruption. Does this meet the grade, Professor? :smiling_imp:[/quote]

I guess you don’t know what the word “often” means.

It’s interesting that you can get away with calling Obama a “terrorist-lover” and not be banned for blatant trolling. I can’t tell if it’s because you have a fellow right-wing idealogue among the mods or because the admin just feels sorry for you. It’s going to be difficult for you and your kind when Democrats take back the White House, increase their majority in Congress, and fill the Supreme Court with Democrats.

Wrong. That was me. I’m inclined to simply bin trolling posts, but then posters get up in arms about the heavy hand of censorship.

Someone complained about part of Chewy’s post. The OTT portion was removed.
Your “entire post” consisted entirely of a personal attack. Hard to do a line item deletion in such a case.

:bow:[/quote]

Calling Obama a “terrorist-lover” is blatant trolling, as no person with even a modicum of sense could actually believe that horseshit. My post was mild in comparison. But whatever, I guess.

keatingeconomics.com/
Oh, yeah. It’s ancient history. There is a very clear record of association between McCain and Keating.

Delicious timing as global financial markets melt from yet another Republican inspired get your mates rich quick scheme. Is it possible that God likes Obamamessiah too?

From that link:

[quote]The current economic crisis demands that we understand John McCain’s attitudes about economic oversight and corporate influence in federal regulation. Nothing illustrates the danger of his approach more clearly than his central role in the savings and loan scandal of the late '80s and early '90s . . .

. . . The Keating scandal is eerily similar to today’s credit crisis, where a lack of regulation and cozy relationships between the financial industry and Congress has allowed banks to make risky loans and profit by bending the rules. And in both cases, John McCain’s judgment and values have placed him on the wrong side of history[/quote]

Damned straight! This is about the economy, stoopid, how the Repubs screwed it, and who is best placed to fix it and not about the links between Obama and a University professor and whatever the hell the prof was doing when Obama was eight-years old!!! Eight years old, dude, eight!

HG

B-b-but what about the
[color=#FF0000]terrorist fistbumps[/color]
? You forgot those! They’re criminals, I tell you! Criminals!

:laughing:

:laughing: That’s a really lovely phrase to use…reverting back to the Democratic party rhetoric and exclusionism of 1868 are we? :smiling_imp: Not suprised…not suprised one bit. :laughing:

Just like the Clinton “scandals” of the 1990s. Dozens upon dozens of “scandals”, ranging from the “who the fuck cares” to the truly bizarre: Whitewater, the supposed “murder” of Vince Foster, the supposed “murder” of Ron Brown, Troopergate, Haircutgate, Chinagate, Filegate, Travelgate, Paula Jones, Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, the “theft” of White House property, and so on. NONE of them turned out to be true, with the single exception of a harmless bit of fun with a willing intern.

That’s what Republicans do. They can’t win on the issues, so they smear, lie, smear, lie, and smear some more.

:laughing: That’s a really lovely phrase to use…reverting back to the Democratic party rhetoric and exclusionism of 1868 are we? :smiling_imp: Not suprised…not suprised one bit. :laughing:[/quote]

Just taking a page from the Republican playbook. One of the popular buttons at the Republican convention this year read “There are liberals and there are Americans.” That’s apparently the kind of mentality that you ascribe to, as do most Republicans. Turnabout’s fair play.

I’m guessing it’s going to be difficult for all of us if that happens.

Bush and his Republican allies in the Congress (for the first 6 years) managed to double the national debt, produce a national deficit of 500 billion a year, plunge the country into two open-ended wars, diminish American influence, and erode civil liberties. Of course, many Republicans in Congress felt the political winds shift and turned against Bush in mid-2006, but it was too late and the American people booted them out. The change of the guard will be complete soon.

One for the terrorist-loving smear. [quote=“Former Bush speech writer David Frum”]My pals over at the Corner are very excited by the last-minute attempt to transform Bill Ayers into the Willie Horton of 2008. Well, good luck

In 1988, crime was a huge and rising problem - and Democrats still by and large resisted the effective crime control policies being developed at places like the Manhattan Institute and that would achieve such great results in the 1990s. So Willie Horton, the furloughed rapist and murderer, symbolized in very graphic terms something important and significant about Michael Dukakis the candidate.

But Bill Ayers? Does anybody really seriously believe that Barack Obama is a secret left-wing radical? And if not, then what is this fuss and fury supposed to show? It’s like Ronald Reagan’s opponents trying to beat him by pointing out that Birchers once supported him.[/quote]

A month left, a candidate trailing badly… not much chance of avoid mud slinging. :s

Five percent is trailing badly? :ponder:

Five percent is trailing badly? :ponder:[/quote]
He’s trailing pretty good.

Five percent is trailing badly? :ponder:[/quote]
You’d think not, but FiveThirtyEight projects Obama as capturing 345 electoral votes, and an 89% chance of winning the election. RealClearPolitics has him leading in all six battle ground states they identify, even Missouri, albeit by only 0.3% in that case.

If the US were a democracy, it’d still be close. As a republic, it’s looking to be a romp. I think the Obama campaign displayed a deft understanding of how to work the numbers in the battle with Clinton… looks like time to stick a fork in this one; it’s pretty much done.

that was well more than enough to ‘win’ another election just a few years ago, in Florida…