The Squad Thread

Imagine that. The Leftwaffe vote for more arms shipments after claiming it was wrong.

2 Likes

Yeesh, but let’s never ask for an explanation. It’s just immigration fraud.

Never thought it would be Ilhan Omar I keep complimenting, but is there any other Democrat who finds anything positive in the Republicans proposals?

1 Like

I heard she tweeted something to that effect as well, but I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Has she said anything about the great liar Mr. Santos? Or is she smart enough to stay away from accusing people of lies, given that, you know, she committed immigration fraud by marrying her brother?

Has that been proven? I’m feeling charitable towards Omar today :slight_smile: Very charitable truth be told. She seems to be the only thing keeping Greenwald, Taibbi et al from having steered me completely to the far right :slight_smile:

Powerline was on it for years. They seem to think it’s real. And that was before they went all in for Trump.

Don’t go down the conspiracy-o-sphere man!

Not at all. There’s no evidence whatsoever that she married her brother; the whole idea came from an anonymous internet post. The whole idea of her marrying a brother so he could get a green card is so ridiculous - so her and all her other siblings became legal residents, but the youngest brother needed to marry her to get a green card, despite the fact that you can sponsor a sibling for a green card? And then after they divorced, he moved out of the country. So. Freakin’. Asinine.

(all that said, there’s some weirdness in the timelines of her marriages. but the brother thing has no support whatsoever.)

Unless you’ve read the power line stuff, I wouldn’t jump out so fast and poopoo the accusation. Iirc, a local Milwaukee investigative reporter followed up on it as well.

It’s been a few years, so I may have missed something but I didn’t miss a mea culpa from the real life lawyers at powerline. That would have stuck out .

Yea, I’ve read it. IIRC, powerline had the anonymous post and found like one guy to go on the record and say he was her brother. And there was some reporting about him calling one of her daughters by her previous husband “niece” (like it’s that uncommon for close unrelated people to refer to each other that way? auntie / uncle is basically the default in Taiwan).

You recall anything else specific? There’s basically no documentation of any of this, no pictures of him with the other siblings (which there are pictures of), nothing that makes this sound particularly credible.

All that and it ignores the simple fact that if he was a sibling, she could’ve just sponsored him for a sibling visa.

I’ve moved on. Lol

Omar surprises host by arguing for rules to be obeyed.

She claims she’s simply another victim of racism.

Support from AOC:

It is a little weird saying it’s for anti-Semitic remarks while putting Rothschild space laser conspiracy loon on committees, eh?

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a recent decision to telecast the House on cspan? That channel is going to be gold.

Here:

No weirder than it was for the Dems.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Repeated content from Ilhan Omar thread

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-oust-ilhan-omar-from-high-profile-us-house-committee/ar-AA172Fv6

It’s getting tedious constantly pointing out the partisan activism in the establishment “press.” But wire services like the Associated Press (where I worked briefly early in my career) were once widely relied on to provide objective, no-nonsense journalism. Now they’re just, at best, useless.

The valiant Iranian journalist Masih Alinejad raised this possibility when she explained ‘why I’m opposed to Ilhan Omar’s bill against Islamophobia’. She argued that if America creates for itself a globe-trotting duty to combat Islamophobia, it will ‘play into the hands of those who wish to curtail free debate and criticism’. Like the Iranian regime, which is adept at accusing its critics, both internal and external, of being hostile to Islam. Omar’s office haughtily dismissed Alinejad’s concerns as a ‘rehashing’ of ‘bigoted Republican talking points’. And yet over the past week we’ve seen Omar and her allies slam criticism of her as ‘Islamophobic’. If Omar can use the ‘phobia’ accusation to sideline her critics, what’s to stop foreign political actors from doing likewise, especially if America were to make it its global mission to crush such ‘phobic’ thinking?

Same old same old.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/02/06/rep_ilhan_omar_i_am_called_a_security_threat_when_the_republican_caucus_is_full_of_people_who_supported_an_insurrection.html