The Iran Thread

Well, this seems to be a good a time as any to start in on Iran:

[quote]"Anybody who recognises Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation

I always thought that Iran is a bigger threat than Iraq ever was.

I will be among the first to post that there is a wide gulf between the views of the general populace of Persia and the mad ravings of the mullahs in charge. :loco:

That’s been the official Iranian state policy for the last twenty-six years. Would you like some quotes? Israel and Iran both see themselves as locked in a religious cold war that entire period very much like the one between the two nuclear-armed states Pakistan and India:

"India’s capital Delhi has been put on high alert after three explosions rocked the city killing at least 55 people . . . It is not clear who was behind the attacks, although suspicion is likely to fall on Kashmiri militants."

Anyone who advocates getting tangled up in someone else’s religious wars militarily unless absolutely necessary is either a fool or a zealot.

I always thought they were exactly the same except for one letter.

The Question Remains: Why are these statements being made now? When Iran as member of the international community is suffering from huge image problems. Not a good time to start stirring it up. When there are probably no less that 5 solid war plans sitting idly by on the desks of some mid-level Pentagon bureacrats…

Maybe he’s looking for Armegeddon. I suggest we bring it to him sooner rather than later…

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]The Question Remains: Why are these statements being made now? When Iran as member of the international community is suffering from huge image problems. Not a good time to start stirring it up. When there are probably no less that 5 solid war plans sitting idly by on the desks of some mid-level Pentagon bureacrats…

Maybe he’s looking for Armegeddon. I suggest we bring it to him sooner rather than later…[/quote]

My suggestion is that if it’s Armageddon you crave, have at it and the best of luck to you. Just don’t drag me and my country into it under false pretenses.

Your country is at the helm. And you along with it. Me too, by association.

And don’t you know that in today’s world armageddon comes in disposable packages, highly suited to regional issues?

I’m talking complete covert coverage, on all fronts.

I would in particular like to point out the mass gatherings in Tehran and other Iranian cities, in which the Iranian people defied their government (notably the psychotic government-backed Basij who run around attacking and murdering dissenters) to express sympathy to the U.S. in the immediate aftermath of Sept. 11th.

Before Iraq war I was for a non-esacalation policy towards muslim countries not to support Bin Laden’s teachings.

Now it is too late, we are in the beginning of a Muslim/Western war.

So extreme violence is just the appropiate thing presently.

When our grandchildren will blame us afterwards, we can think of funny excuses.

Like … “I was in Taiwan”

I don’t think there’s justification for war against Iran. There are some similarities to Iraq – nuclear ambition, human rights violations, support for terrorism, etc. — but Iran has managed to more or less maintain peace, at least with its neighbors, since the Iran-Iraq war and hasn’t violated UN restrictions the way Saddam has. Even if Iran is more “dangerous” than Iraq, the case isn’t as strong as it was for Iraq.

(For purposes of this argument, I’m assuming the case against Iraq was enough to justify war – there’s pages and pages on threads about whether that is in fact true – this point is mostly directed at those who believed the Iraq war was justified.)

Toying with nuclear weapons, wanting to erase Israel and supporting terrorists sound enough to go to war for me. But not occupy the whole country. Just bomb the shit out of them, until they understand playing with nuclear fire is not for children under democracy and human rights age.

So to speak.

BobPruegelpeitsch

[quote=“bob_honest”]Toying with nuclear weapons, wanting to erase Israel and supporting terrorists sound enough to go to war for me. But not occupy the whole country. Just bomb the shit out of them, until they understand playing with nuclear fire is not for children under democracy and human rights age.

So to speak.

BobPruegelpeitsch[/quote]

The nice thing about bombing the shit out of them is you don’t have to look the little schoolgirls in the eye when you obliterate them and there’s no evidence left over.

Well, it looks like Iran has some support from the “intellectuals” at Harvard.

Yes, yes, so let us wait until they throw a nuclear bomb on Israel or Europe or elsewhere. Much better, eh ?

Don’t forget Darwin…

/* I know that EU politicians usually blame Bush to be too strict with Iran, another thang */

I want Israel to join the EU. This will give us the proper drive :smiley:

That ‘argument’ sounds familiar. I’m of the old school myself. A little even-handedness and basic justice for all goes a lot further in the long run than more half-cocked bombing runs.

You might want to think this one through for a change too. Here’s a clue: Strait of Hormuz.

[quote=“spook”]
The nice thing about bombing the shit out of them is you don’t have to look the little schoolgirls in the eye when you obliterate them and there’s no evidence left over.[/quote]

So cry me a f-u-c-k-i-n-g river.

The Muslims prefer to get up close and cut off heads.

bangkokpost.com/breaking_new … p?id=58588
news.webindia123.com/news/showde … &cat=India

Or shoot them point blank.

[quote]A pregnant mother and her four daughters were shot dead Sunday after two terrorists opened fire at Israeli cars traveling near the Kissufim Crossing at the entrance to the Gush Katif settlement bloc in the Gaza Strip.

The dead were identified as Tali Hatuel, 34, eight months pregnant and her daughters Hila, 11, Hadar, 9, Roni, 7, Merav, 2 all from the settlement of Katif.

The militant Islamic Jihad and Popular Resistance Committees, an umbrella group, claimed responsibility for the “heroic” attack in a call to The Associated Press.

Police said the white Citroen station wagon, carrying the family, spun off the road after the initial shooting, then the attackers approached the vehicle and shot the occupants at close range.[/quote]

info.jpost.com/C002/Supplements/ … 05_02.html

mfa.gov.il/MFA/Terrorism-+Ob … Hatuel.htm

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“spook”]
The nice thing about bombing the shit out of them is you don’t have to look the little schoolgirls in the eye when you obliterate them and there’s no evidence left over.[/quote]

So cry me a f-u-c-k-i-n-g river.

The Muslims prefer to get up close and cut off heads.[/quote]

You don’t have to convince me that anyone who murders little schoolgirls is an evil maniac.

Mod note: what was here was close to a personal attack and has been deleted. Keep it clean please

Oh I love this. WE are being asked to sympathize with the group that has been most responsible for deliberate civilian deaths in the past 20 years. Before that, it would have been communism, but really! In this day and age when terrorists are killing innocent school girls with great regularity, the stench of this hypocrisy or moral equivalence is unendurable. And most deaths at the hands of American bombs were probably increased by deliberate government action (Saddam) or were certainly unintentional on the part of the US government which has a policy of going to great lengths to minimize such deaths to the degree that this policy is often taken advantage of by the enemies that we fight.

Really? Who’s advocating sympathy? I missed that post.