The Jordan Peterson Thread

Did I see this headline months ago and subconsciously absorb it, or is it a coincidence? :thinking:

If you want to understand why some people attack JP for vagueness, this article is for you!

I think I got accused of the same thing the other day. :thinking: Wait! What if I’m JP’s alter ego? :astonished:

It’s very long. Highlights:

My favorite part:

What do you think about that, @ChewDawg? :smile:

Still, I disagree with Nathan’s thesis. Current Affairs bills itself as “a magazine of politics & culture”, so no surprise that its editor sees JP primarily in political/sociological terms and therefore finds it easy to dismiss most of what he says as nonsense. Yet JP is a psychologist, and a heavily Jung-influenced psychologist at that, so I don’t think he can really be understood without an analysis that takes Jungian psychology (/philosophy) seriously.

See what I mean?

Nathan also has a book out, whose cover shamelessly mocks JP.

More about the lobster thing:

The pop star comparison isn’t about stage presence (much less common sense). He may well want to retire soon, but I’m betting he will still have a following devoted enough to be willing to spend money on his products/services in future decades, regardless of cultural trends. Not as big, but still something.

1 Like