The Jordan Peterson Thread

I don’t know. He said: “And I think particularly in the gay world, and outside the Catholic Church – if that’s where some of you want to go with this – I think in the gay world some of the most important, enriching and incredibly life-affirming, important shaping relationships very often between younger boys and older men … They can be hugely positive experiences.” That can certainly be construed as support, and is more than a story. I know he gave more context later, and apologized to a degree, but I don’t know if he ever fully walked back from it

I don’t agree with what he said at all, but I believe the context he was speaking on was based on his own experience. It’s borderline I know, but that is where Milo lives.

He’s not half Jewish. He says his grandmother was Jewish. He went public about being abused as a youth after the criticism of his suggesting pederasty could be a positive experience for both parties.

Then you didn’t watch the clip with Jordan Peterson, because thats basically half of the interview.

The original quote seems to be a more or less accurate representation of his views, even now. I get that his experience gives him a unique viewpoint, but it seems fair to say that he’s supporting it in some way at least.

I’m pretty sure I did, but it would hardly be surprising if I’ve forgotten it at this point. I never really cared two whits about the guy one way or the other, frankly. Why, what else did he say? The quote I gave came from some other radio show by the way, not JP, I’m pretty sure.

Yeah, no arguments there. I wonder if he truly believes it or is trying to get a reaction pushing things to the extreme.

He does seem to be fond of that.

1 Like

I’m wondering if that’s the way his mind copes with what happened instead. Something like Stockholm syndrome. I can’t see how that can be a positive relationship.

That’s an interesting idea.

I find it interesting that you respect Peterson ( generally ) TG . Yet you are diametrically opposed to his reasoned arguments on climate change and much of his politics ? Tell me more :thinking:

Some things yes, in general his stand in identity politics, some things no, as in some of his religious views. I do respect him as a straight shooter in general, in his speaking, which he does a lot of!

I’m not aware that he has said anything about climate change, or that I have (very much) for that matter! What has he said?

In what sense? I do disagree with him about a lot of things, some political no doubt. People can agree on some things and disagree on others, after all

1 Like

That’s a bizarre argument, shiadoa. Logically people can only agree with themselves?

Are you on the opioids again?

I agree with some things that homersimpsun posts.

There. I’ve said it.

2 Likes

Ahhh…absolutely …:idunno: Pressure from all sides , trying to get back up to speed but my body is not cooperating . Flob is bite-size bursts only. Helping with a new food business, dealing with legal stuff with a house sale in UK, putting on an advanced driving course , helping USA company with stuff, even a few hours teaching to help a friend …arghhhh

2 Likes

Not English, I hope! :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry, that was uncalled for. Here’s a little something to make amends.

2 Likes

Has the U.K really become like this? I’m considering working there next.