The Jordan Peterson Thread

And sometimes that entails seeking help. He has talked about his own mental health struggles before and he comes from a long line of family that also had the same. Pulling himself together, as he said, entailed getting medical help and taking certain medications for him. He had made it clear as a psychologist that medications do work and people who need them should take them. It’s better than nothing.

I don’t see anything wrong. He looks like someone who is passionate about the subject speaking. That’s far from manic. Where do you see that?

I see it most of the 9 minutes or so.

We’re obviously looking at this very differently, so probably best call it a day. I don’t think we’re going to reach any common ground. Weirdly enough I’m a bit of a Peterson fan.

1 Like

Was on it for years I believe

I took his main message to be more of “be responsible for and to yourself”. He seems to have done that.

How can you not love the guy. He stood on a box with no mic and shouted back the SJW back in the day. The original Canadian SJW slayer

2 Likes

Wikipedia says this, so take it with a grain of salt: In 2019, Peterson entered a rehabilitation facility after experiencing symptoms of physical withdrawal when he stopped taking clonazepam, an anti-anxiety drug. He had begun taking the drug upon his doctors recommendation following his wife’s cancer diagnosis.[144][145][146]

That was the recent benzo issue.

Wellbutrin he was on for years

Know your drugs know your doses

Fair enough. I generally agree with you and do respect your POV. But it seems everyone still disagrees and sees things differently at times. Cheers.

His daughter however, is on a whole cocktail of drugs. Idk what’s up with her. I know she has health issues but I know she’s on a lot of medications.

1 Like

That sounds horrible, but you have to get addicted to them too. It’s tough, I get it, but it seems like it was a short period of time for all that to happen. I’m not trying to knock him. I just hope he and his family are all okay.

I don’t know how long he was taking them. Generally after a month of being on them daily, you’ll have some mild symptoms. A few months on them will definitely suck. He’s also not so young anymore, I think it’s more rough when you’re a bit older.

Even a two day bender of relatively high does and frequency can cause terrible withdrawal and two or three days without sleep. In some this has potential for seizures and rare cases death. Only thing more dangerous is an alcoholic stopping cold turkey

Yup, they tell alcoholics and benzo addicts to keep taking the drug or keep drinking until they get to the rehab. They can get seizures and die if they go cold turkey without supervision.

I kind of doubt that.

2 days probably won’t give you withdrawals. I would say it takes a month of moderate use will start seeing symptoms. But I suppose one can feel pretty hungover from it the way you do from alcohol.

Care to be our guinea pig? Shall we let’s say start with 2mg Xanax every 6-8 hours for a 48 hour period?

Remember, safety first. Don’t get caught with your pants down, keep 4-6mg for tapering

What, in the video where he talks about ADHD? I thought all male professors looked and sounded like that by the time they hit that age. :grandpa:

Fyi there’s also this.

In late 2016, Peterson went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables to control severe depression and an autoimmune disorder, including psoriasis and uveitis.[26][142] He stopped eating any vegetables in mid-2018.[143]

Exactly what obscure autoimmune disorder he and his daughter are supposed to have is not clear, but I’ve heard of genetic disorders that can really mess with what foods a person can safely eat. Interesting article here:

Hooked on clonazepam.

Jordan Peterson seeks ‘emergency’ drug detox treatment in Russia

Hope he heals up real soon.

Good movie.