The Jordan Peterson Thread

“A grocer is not required to service a bicycle”

Great stuff! This is the funniest thing I’ve read since Money.

Thanks! Will read it.

Based on this, they might not consider the non-discrimination-related factors in their decision to pass it through or not? It says “The Tribunal only processes complaints that contain a possible act of discrimination.” Does that imply they just pass on those that do and ignore other factors? Not sure.

I guess Yaniv may be on the hook for another judgement, if he pays off his initial ones and this goes through?

I would presume so. The Tribunal has deferred her complaints unless she pays off the $6k within 6 months.

This is the relevant law

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/96210_01

Page 16 is very revealing. Yaniv initially requested the waxes using her Facebook page with a photo of herself as Jonathan. The waxing providers then replied along the lines of their services were for ladies only, which Yaniv considered to be transphobic.

“While we may one day live in a society where a person’s gender is not assumed based on signifiers like name or appearance, we have not yet arrived at that point.”

“In my view, Ms. Yaniv’s incredulity that service providers initially perceived her to be a man is disingenuous.”

Yaniv then changed her Facebook profile to Jessica and used a picture of a blond woman to request waxes. After being accepted for a wax she declared herself have “man parts”, and called transphobia when then denied a wax.

And the Human Right’s Commission continue to send Yaniv’s complaints to Tribunal.

This is indeed riveting stuff.

2 Likes

It starts to get really sad later on. Yaniv caused some serious harm to Da Silva in particular.

I’m getting through it quite slowly because I’m multi-tasking with some work.

I’m just seeing that now.

I’ve read about half; I’m not sure I can read any more without becoming physically ill. That’s enough; if I’m missing something crucial let me know. I’ve been too crude above already so I’ll dial back my comments from what is most naturally appropriate.

That these facts were considered and the case was sent to the Tribunal is an outright travesty. If this is the state of affairs in Canada, I absolutely understand why people would have concerns.

There can’t be any explanation for such a case to be sent to the Tribunal a second time except ideology; you’re right. Nothing else is credible.

3 Likes

“It should go without saying that human rights complaints underlain by a racist agenda are antithetical to the Code’s purposes”

And yet the BC Human Right’s Commission sent another of Yaniv’s complaints to Tribunal a couple of months later. What is the point of the BCHRC?

I’m incredulous.

Well, that took some reading. IMO the key point was this:

“Several factors suggest that a high costs award may be appropriate to denounce Ms.
Yaniv’s conduct and deter similar behaviour in the future. Her improper conduct has taken multiple forms and impacted a number of complaints. She has hurt the Respondents by filing these complaints for improper purposes. Her conduct has had a significant impact on the Tribunal’s process, taking up a lot of its scarce time and resources. Ms. Yaniv deliberately sought to weaponize the Tribunal for financial gain and to punish individuals and groups. There is no evidence of mitigating health‐related factors that could explain Ms. Yaniv’s choices throughout this process.”

Her behaviour has not been deterred as can be seen by the fact she has made another complaint against some Sikh women. This complaint has been passed through to Tribunal by the Human Right’s Commission. Either the Law is forcing the Human Right’s Commission to allow Yaniv to do this, or they are making the decision to do so.

Either the Law is wrong or the Human Right’s Commission is wrong. Either way, women of colour are being made to suffer.

2 Likes

Yes. They were related. They were all arguing against the idea that Jordan Peterson has issues with TRANS PEOPLE. Then you presented an argument in reply to these comments. It certainly looks very obvious that you are agreeing with eCanada’s assertion and disagreeing with those of us who think it’s ridiculous to conclude that JP dislikes or has an issue with trans people.

Is it “ridiculous” to suppose you have issues with aliens?

I certainly have issues with humans, yet still I wish you a pleasant day. :flying_saucer:

1 Like

Obviously that was two people in agreement, although perhaps reaching agreement from different perspectives.

For me the bottom line is could some men abuse these laws? The answer is obvious. To then not collate or make available these abuses is misogynistic.

Are there videos up by Peterson after his treatment, or is he still recovering?

“I believe that this is the biggest scandal of Trudeau’s government, ever.”

All I have to say about that is :rofl:.

She insinuates that psychological counseling for anyone considering undergoing a sex change will be banned by S-202. I’m sure some members here will be happy to read that into the actual wording of the bill, but I’m not buying it.

https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-1/bill/S-202/first-reading

I do agree with her that releasing the GBA+ report (or admitting it didn’t happen, as the case may be) would make sense.

You may not buy it, but do you not accept the wording is open to debate and possible future legal action? That the definition of conversion therapy could extend to arguments to ban, or at least punish someone offering, psychological counseling? “any practice, treatment or service” is clear in its vague inclusion of pretty much anything.

Or is this another case of “Don’t worry, it won’t happen”?

1 Like

It’s less ambiguous when you don’t snip off the important parts.

286.‍6 (1) In this section, conversion therapy means any practice, treatment or service designed to change an individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity or to eliminate or reduce sexual attraction or sexual behaviour between persons of the same sex. For greater certainty, this definition does not include a surgical sex change or any related service.

A reasonable person would recognize counseling for the sake of letting people understand their options, so they can give or decline to give informed consent, a related service.

I have no doubt that some random idiot will file a complaint against some innocuous psychologist, it will be dismissed as soon as the relevant authorities have time to do their thing (depending on how much the anti-“big government” arguments succeed in depriving them of their funding), and all of Chicken Little’s friends will proclaim that the incident proves the sky really did fall. I still won’t believe the sky fell.

Well we’re at it, what other laws would you like to see repealed, to save people from false accusations?

Andrew brought up stalking earlier. False accusations of that certainly happen. For example…

after eight uncertain cases were excluded, the false reporting rate was judged to be 11.5%

Repeal! Repeal! :runaway:

1 Like