The K-man's finest hour(s)

Who could ever forget the “Basil the Hamster” episode.

This represents an important milestone in hamster rights…

Brian Hioe is not amused by some of the K-Man’s recent reporting:

among Taiwan’s major English-language domestic media outlets, there is . . . at least one media outlet with highly spurious fact-checking practices that could prove dangerous.

His takedown is posted here:

Guy

6 Likes

Justifiably scathing…I remember when I attended a gathering for the Canadian pothead that was dismembered. I didn’t know him personally but was really affected by the callousness of people saying he deserved it or the idea that no family came here to find out what happened. People just looked the other way and pretended this guy could really be the kingpin of Taiwan pot. Because the organizers didn’t want any drama, the location was changed last minute. Yet K-man reported on us in Daan park even quoting what was said. We were not there. Complete fabrication.

9 Likes

Yeah, I predicted way upthread that he’ll eventually get some kind of comeuppance. You can’t disregard all journalistic integrity in what is basically a small town (expat wise) and not expect to piss people off.

3 Likes

Hella story.

After the ECFA expired on Saturday (Sept. 12), Taiwan manufacturers worried there would be adverse effects if it ended.

If China did not end it, how did it expire?

Could not agree more. :fist_right:

4 Likes

Ryan

Say his name?

his name

The K-Man steps up with this report on the Chinese military posted yesterday:

After many weeks of constant intrusions into Taiwan’s air defense identification zone (ADIZ) by People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) warplanes, Chinese state-run media announced that one of the nation’s fighter jets was taken down by a bird.

According to Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense (MND), PLAAF aircraft violated Taiwan’s ADIZ on 10 out of 18 days between Sept. 16 to Oct. 3, in a total of 50 sorties. However, the PLAAF’s self-cultivated image of invincibility took a hit in recent days when one of its jets crashed after meeting its match in an avian adversary.

Guy

1 Like

We should probably start training an avian suicide defense force…

Taiwan gave China’s Air Force the bird–literally.
(I show myself out now)

3 Likes

Oh no. I hope the bird is all right! :hushed:

Dee liddle bird…e is dead

Well at least it died an anti-Communist martyr. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

To quote Liberty Prime:

1 Like