The Kavanaugh Fallout

1541197837069m

#BelieveHer

4 Likes

Probably won’t get much attention in the Democrat press because Democrat narrative and mid-terms. But no doubt many people formed an opinion of Kavanaugh that was influenced by the statement this woman now retracts and which may land her in legal hot water.

Perhaps more importantly, it’s a perfect example of how events ulterior to an alleged sexual assault can influence #metoo vigilantism. In this case the alleged victim, Munro-Leighton, was influenced by partisanship to fudge an accusation of rape that she now admits was false. She used the power of #metoo to advance her partisan goal (defeat Kavanaugh’s confirmation) by lying about rape.

The final effect on #metoo will be that this kind of behavior is largely ignored by the left (because Democrat narrative) but seized upon by the right as “told ya so.” Such bifurcation injects more poison into American civic discourse as a result. Adhering to due process is the cure for that kind of poison.

Due process makes the invalid weaponization of #metoo go away.

“Under questioning by Committee investigators, Ms. Munro-Leighton admitted, contrary to her prior claims, that she had not been sexually assaulted by … Kavanaugh and was not the author of the original 'Jane Doe’ letter,” Grassley’s office wrote in a Friday referral to the DOJ.

“When directly asked by Committee investigators if she was, as she had claimed, the ‘Jane Doe’ from Oceanside California who had sent the letter to Senator Harris, she admitted: ‘No, no, no. I did that as a way to grab attention. I am not Jane Doe . . . but I did read Jane Doe’s letter. I read the transcript of the call to your Committee. . . . I saw it online. It was news.”

“In short, during the Committee’s time-sensitive investigation of allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, Ms. Munro-Leighton submitted a fabricated allegation, which diverted Committee resources. When questioned by Committee investigators she admitted it was false, a ‘ploy,’ and a ‘tactic,’” Grassley’s office wrote. “She was opposed to Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation.”

1 Like

she be in deep :poop:

You guys just hate women.

Bravo, two-pronged fork analogy. Reminds me of the wooden forks in the cheap dumpling meals. I vote for more sesquipedalian loquaciousness on Forumosa.:smiley:

You don’t even know what’s a png, stop manspreading -__-

2 Likes

Fixed that for you. Weren’t there some sexual harassment allegations regarding Booker just a couple of weeks ago? On a similar “legal” basis of “i say / he says” ?
Meh, maybe the accuser wasn’t convincing enough without a GoFundMe page.

2 Likes

But it’s different according to cnn. My god, to think this used to be one of my main source of news.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/09/21/politics/cory-booker-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.tw%2F&rm=1

2 Likes

we still think lying to a senate committee is behavior representative of the Supreme Court?

When it suits you, did you mean?
She claimed to have turned over all of her work-related e-mails. That was a lie. She claimed she hadn’t transmitted any classified information. That was a lie. She claimed she hadn’t transmitted any information marked classified. That was a lie. (She has lied about that repeatedly.) She claimed that she had never been subpoenaed in regards to her e-mail. That, too, was a lie. She claimed the FBI had considered her account “truthful.” Another lie.

President Obama originally denied having any knowledge about Clinton’s private e-mail server. That was a big-time lie. Clinton’s e-mail scandal has been one gigantic lie from start to finish.

1 Like

hahaha. how is that Soros funding working for the caravan? Still on that too? Whenever we talk about the misbehavior of any Trumptard it all comes back to Hillary.

Its like six degrees of Kevin Bacon, only in half the time.

“Best Actress in a Dramatic Role goes to Blasey”. The last-gasp “Dr.” effort to validate reminds me of Dr. Bill Cosby. I did not vote for Trump but rather Hillary. And yet a scam is a scam whether by republican or Democrat

2 Likes

yep, and the Devil’s Triangle is a drinking game.

and the “Caravan” was just a spontaneous gathering :rofl:
I only hope that you can get over the Kavanaugh result faster than the 2016 election result.

The caravan was sponsored by George Soros wasn’t it? That was the conspiratard view a couple weeks ago.

Hilarious.

I wonder if any university has ever done a study of the accuracy rate of conspiratardian theory.

I bet it is like a .002 batting average or below.

Your lack of research and twittering the “libtard” rhetoric, without addressing the issue is damned amusing . Or you just believe CNN ?:rofl: You really must have suffered in 2016.
It is funny when you accuse anyone pro-Trump ( unless they are the blue collar base) of being some demonic entity. Don Limoni must be your ultimate hero :heart_eyes:

Soros is now partnering with Mastercard to hand out money (in the form of ‘investment capital’) to migrants, refugees and “others struggling within their communities worldwide,” according to Reuters. Through their partnership, **Soros is effectively providing open financial support for migrants and refugees seeking to enter the US and Europe.**perhaps MSNBC and other liberals who blindly claim that Soros and his network of non-profits aren’t providing financial assistance to migrants approaching the US should consider this before they continue with their denials.

Not conclusive maybe , but more evidence of that than "Russian " collusion, after 2 years.

My toast landed butter side down this morning.

Soros!

Back on topic:

I’m gonna throw moderates a bone here. Being a moderate is less stupid than being what the Kavanaugh haters were. Manchin dodged a bullet instead of standing ground on a bad spot, so he survives for now. But is he relevant?

and from Germany.
Beware all you people who post pics in homes of other people.

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/07/far-right-german-party-expels-spokesperson-for-hitler-labels-photo

jessica-biessmann_1539506311-e1539507345729
images

1 Like

One more example of PC run amok.

It’s similar (but not identical) to the firing of American pizza magnate, John Schnatter of Papa John’s, who was accused of using the n-word on a conference call but who was actually quoting Colonel Sanders while explaining to his board that Papa John’s would never behave like KFC, whose Colonel Sanders publicly used the n-word.

In Schnatter’s case his real sin was refusing to employ Colin Kaepernick as a spokesman for Papa John’s. His refusal to hire Kaep was what actually led to his words being misrepresented in the mainstream, liberal press a year later.

I wonder if Bießmann’s real sin was being a member of AfD. Or perhaps something else?

In the US it may be possible for the GOP to completely ignore the Democrat press in 2020, and use alternative media outlets for releasing news. Will depend on Trump’s discipline. He’s pretty disgusted with the press (who isn’t?), so maybe it will work. Thanks to Trump’s use of Twitter and other alternative news sites, it appears this outcome may be just around the corner, a kind of media end run around the Democrats.

Certainly the fallout of Kavanaugh’s confirmation includes the GOP’s retention of the US Senate. Trump’s manipulation of the Democrat media - their naked willingness to publish anything that might slander Kavanaugh was used by Trump against Democrat Senate candidates - was key.

I can’t wait for the day when the liberal press changes its ways or breathes its last, whichever comes first.

1 Like