The latest in Korean hospitality -- an idea that could work in Taiwan too!

Tl/dr: Pay someone to turn off your phone for you. :slight_smile:

Whenever I have an argument with my wife I enjoy some peaceful “solitary confinement” on the couch.

2 Likes

I knew Asia had some weird stuff, but this is really weird. I guess there enough monasteries where you can go and have a retreat from society for some days.

I think Japanese grandmas have a very high rate of incarceration because they go there for community to prevent being lonely.

They have prison restaurants in Japan (or so I have heard cough cough) where you can be thoroughly treated like dirt!:laughing:

In Taiwan they have/had a ‘toilet’ restaurant, you got served …

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:4, topic:172616, full:true”]
I think Japanese grandmas have a very high rate of incarceration because they go there for community to prevent *dying of hunger as their pensions are not enough and they cannot take care of themselves anymore.[/quote]

Fixed that for ya.

I am usually a Japan-o-phile, but pensions not enough?:smile::smile: Shit, the problem is that women there have been too traditional for too long. You marry a salaryman and become an obedient housewife —realize that it may make retirement tight!!! The country needs to restructure on immigration and diversity in the workplace and move into the 21 Century.

They also need to re-arm big time and get rid of their peace constitution to deal with China. But that is another thread.

1 Like

Most of these women are single or yes widowers. Try to look into the plight of being divorced in Japan. Not much of a choice to go back to work if the bosses will not hire you or heck, the university will not even give you the chance to enroll. But yeah, sure, it is a choice. As if cleaning and washing was such an easy life. That si why you end up collecting cardboard or having to shoplift so at least you will have a place to sleep. BTW, not only women do this.

Cleaning and washing? Easy and enjoyable, especially if you are dirty (and I am).

And let us not forget bubbles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHs1XUF46YM

What is a yes widower versus a no widower?

I think Japan would rather sink underwater than open the doors to immigration. Taiwan too.

1 Like

I don`t disagree. With the birthrate so low and aging demographics, it will be their downfall

1 Like

Taiwan has this go to jail thing as well, for maNy yeaRs. But its perhaps not due to working too hard.