The Libya Thread -- The difference it makes

Well, you’re going to get a tough woman in charge in America (No, not Carly).

Well, you’re going to get a tough woman in charge in America (No, not Carly).[/quote]
I hope that tough woman puts Hillary in jail where she belongs.

Well, you’re going to get a tough woman in charge in America (No, not Carly).[/quote]

America is past due for its first bimbo eruption.

We’ve already waited and seen…

reason.com/blog/2016/02/29/clint … ell-everyo

[quote]This experience should give pause even to the most enthusiastic interventionist, imparting a lesson about the limits of American power and the impossibility of doing just one thing in a world full of complexity and unintended consequences. Yet Clinton seems unfazed by the hideous results of her signature achievement as secretary of state. Here is what she told the Council on Foreign Relations last November:

And with the developments in Libya, for example, the Libyan people have voted twice in free and fair elections for the kind of leadership they want. They have not been able to figure out how to prevent the disruptions that they are confronted with because of internal divides and because of some of the external pressures that are coming from terrorist groups and others. So I think it's too soon to tell. And I think it’s something that we have to be, you know, looking at very closely.

[/quote]

Here we have bunch of quotes from people who can’t agree on why it went south and what it means, followed by the only person so delusional as to deny that it did, in fact, go south. Whom would you want in charge of our foreign policy?

What I wanna know is who invited the US into Libya or Syria for that matter?

Why don’t you share your views on objective involvement by the US anywhere? That way, we don’t have to keep coming back to you to question your creative consistency and hyperventilating hysteria.

Why don’t you share your views on objective involvement by the US anywhere? That way, we don’t have to keep coming back to you to question your creative consistency and hyperventilating hysteria.[/quote]

What are you doing in my post and what did you do with my brother? Get out!

Did you know that the cackling, crazy witch who botched this in the first place is running for high office?

al-monitor.com/pulse/origina … imacy.html

[quote]The West, and particularly European Union countries, want the GNA to at least curb, if not stop, the flow of immigrants from Libya to the southern EU shores. To do that, they have promised at the ministerial meeting in Vienna to train Libya’s coast guard. But, again, training the so-called Libyan coast guard is no more than old militias being recycled through the GNA to convince major powers that they are indeed under state command.

In 2011, the West rushed to help destroy the former regime in the tribally divided country without any workable plan to restabilize the country afterward, the result of which has been chaos and conflicts across Libya ever since. The West invested heavily — at least politically — in the so-called Libyan revolution, naively believing that once Gadhafi was toppled, the Libyans would be able to sit together and reconcile their differences and move forward. This time, the West is about to repeat its errors by recognizing old militias as a new army, giving it legitimacy and recognition.[/quote]

Nation building, Shary Bobbins style. “Just do a half-assed job!”

Oh, and pulling those troops out of Iraq didn’t work so well.

http://www.france24.com/en/20161017-war-weary-libyans-miss-life-under-kadhafi

[quote]TRIPOLI (AFP) - Five years after an uprising killed Libya’s Moamer Kadhafi, residents in the chaos-wracked country’s capital joke they have grown to miss the longtime dictator as the frustrations of daily life mount.

Those living in the capital say they are exhausted by power cuts, price hikes and a lack of cash flow as rival authorities and militias battle for control of the fragmented oil-rich country.

“I hate to say it but our life was better under the previous regime,” says Fayza al-Naas, a 42-year-old pharmacist, referring to Kadhafi’s more than four decades of rule. [/quote]
The world is better off with him dead, but Libya isn’t. I can’t say I have much sympathy, but…

Just what was all this Arab Spring nonsense about again?

Killing the bastard was fine, but they failed to kill the bastards who overran the place afterwards. Either follow through, or leave it alone.

Everything old is relevant again…

Doesn’t look like things are improving in Libya.

Holy shitski.