The long arm of the law: Cuban cigars

Hey, don’t blame religion, blame them womenfolk. Actually, it was fear of women voting for prohibition that was one of the reasons men resisted the suffer-a-jet movement.

In my student days, I can remember smoking the best cohibas at Little Havanas in London while drinking like a fish and watching the Latinas dance. Then I grew up. Do you know how much the cigar workers make in Cuba? How can you support their blatant exploitation? Do you cross the picket lines as well HGC? :no-no: :smiling_imp:

Simpletons seek the simplest of straws, Chewy.

Now obviously if the US raised it’s ridiculous barrier on Cuban trade the lot of the Cuban cigar roller would improve exponentially. Their thighs might become fatter for one, and one suspects that would be a good thing.

And for the record, I’m no scab.

[quote]Hey, don’t blame religion, blame them womenfolk. Actually, it was fear of women voting for prohibition that was one of the reasons men resisted the suffer-a-jet movement.
[/quote]

Ha! Is it your fear of the apple munchers that keeps you tethered to the grass eaters? :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I have to admit i once thought cigars were pretentious nonsense, but a few hits at decent cigars have turned me around completely.

By far the best I’ve had of late was the Cohiba Siglo II.

[/quote]

I’ve heard the Montecristo No. 2 is pretty good. :wink:

Eh? :astonished: Umm, that’s right, Mes Amis . . . ?

HG

Bingo.

Like HGC, I too used to think cigars were for pretentious fat fucks. A New Years Eve party several years ago and a Cuban Partagas flipped that around pronto.

What’s really odd about this whole thread is that I live in an American port city. Because it’s a port city it’s crawling with people of all nationalities who know beaucoup about arcane American import law, but get this.

I get Cubans sent via FedEx straight to my front door whenever I want. They’re sent out of Switzerland, and if I send 'em an order worth US$150 or north of that amount then the shipping is free. I click “purchase” on the website, they bill my bank, and two days later when I come home from work there’s a FedEx envelope stuffed with Cubans next to my door.

I’ve never had a hint of trouble, either. That said, I’ll confess that I never smoke one in public with the band on (the bands are stripped off and sent in an envelope a week or so later…yeah, I know this could mean that I’m smoking Panamanian toe cheese and holding Cuban bands, but the cigars are excellent and the website gets excellent reviews…and I pitch the stupid bands anyway, what do I care).

It is extremely easy, even in the post 911 American miasma that passes for reality, to buy and consume Cuban cigars at a level of risk approaching nil.

And the Montecristo #2’s are truly excellent, btw.

Do they also deliver “Dutch cigars” from Amsterdam? :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Do they also deliver “Dutch cigars” from Amsterdam? :laughing:

HG[/quote]
I’m told that if one orders the Cuban “Kiners,” then yes. :wink:

FedEx, their motto is help the fudge along.

Yeah, I wish. :slight_smile: