The [Milk] Tea Thread

I would suggest contacting your healthcare provider to see if these pills are right for you.

Though, are you sure it’s not Malaysiose-Intolerance? :grin:

Kidding.

The lactase enzyme pills really do help in my experience. But not sure where to cop in Taiwan. I’ve never seen them anywhere so I just avoid dairy, which I’m used to doing anyway. I have a little bottle of them I brought over from the US that I save for when I just really want a pizza, really badly.

1 Like

They sell lactose free milk.

The taste. I think it tastes good. Does it have to be more than that? :idunno:

And as @tando said, milk and brown sugar (黑糖鮮奶). No bubbles, though I like the one with bubbles, too.

:roll::astonished:

Coworker treated everyone to drinks today because they got a good prize from the 尾牙. Brown sugar milk, this time with pearls (黑糖珍珠撞奶). It’s warm and delish! Thinking of you, @Belgian_Pie. :trollface:

Don’t forget the rum!

Tiger Sugar is a popular chain. How many calories, carbs, sugar?!

Screenshot_20190314-121439_Maps

No idea because I don’t care, it’s your body that has to absorb it. :wink:

1 Like

“tapioca bubble tea may contain anywhere from 281 to 640 calories…anywhere from zero to 36 grams of fat…anywhere from 66 to 74 grams of carbohydrates, including 34 to 65 grams of sugar…”

“The [American Heart Association] recommends that women consume 25 grams of sugar or less a day, and men consume 38 grams of sugar or less a day — this means one 16-ounce serving of tapioca bubble tea could more than double your recommended daily sugar intake.”

People in Taiwan are made believe that brown sugar is better then, uh, sugar.

What is usually added:

• Flavoured syrup, sweeteners or sweetened fruit purees (refined sugars)
  • Tapioca pearls (carbohydrates): Some pearls made in Taiwan were found in May 2013 to contain a harmful additive, maleic acid. These contaminated pearls were immediately withdrawn from sale for the safety of consumers
  • Non-dairy creamer (sugars and artery clogging trans-fat in the form of partially hydrogenated vegetable oil)

is that milk tea with pearls and black sugar?

Sounds like brown rice vs white rice :rofl:

Amateurs! For the fruit flavored teas, add a few shots of vodka. For the standard teas, whisky is the way to go (try a peaty if you’re looking for a more unique flavor experience).

Yes I think so includes the pearls, and estimates for all types.

No Sugar Master Race reporting in!

Here’s another example of something I can’t say I haven’t done.

You never had sweetened ice tea in the south (like Texas)?

If you think Taiwanese milk tea is loaded with sugar you should try having iced tea in Texas. I swear they put a cup of sugar into a cup of tea.

Tea is bitter, people sweeten it!